(Model) Ships of the Spamfighters

Wazoo

Came home, started trying to search for the name of an old sci-fi series, made difficult as not being able to recall any of the character names, ship names, etc. However, I did come across this unique web-page. Although some of the descriptions are pretty well written, some don't offer any real detail .. only 'important' because I don't recognize a couple of the names. Looking at the timeframes and areas of concern, I'm more than a bit baffled by not seeing a Haight ship ...????

Ships of the Spamfighters

The internet is truly a strange place (and I'm fairly sure strangeness, like entropy, can only increase). As for the missing "Haight Fighter" well, we're looking at a spergin world there, aren't we? Only tenuous connections to the wider reality.

I'm more than a bit baffled by not seeing a Haight ship ...????

Ships of the Spamfighters

Maybe not.
Although the nature of the SpamWars has changed, a growing number of sysadmins and netizens are working to wrest the internet back from the clutches of the spammers. The vast majority of the anti-spammers are volunteers, individuals completely unknown to the denizens of the 'Net on whose behalf they labor. Sometimes having a spaceship named after them is all the accolades they get, and when I need a name for a 'ship, I'm proud to give them that little bit of recognition.
I would say that Haight would not fit the definition of "completely unknown" though not all of the entries that do appear would seem to quality as well. But it may be that his list of unknowns is used up and as he needs more names for his ships he is expanding into the area of the more known.

Archived