"Headers not found" when setting up Mailhosts -- for one host only

When setting up Mailhosts, I get the error "Headers not found" when processing the account configuration e-mail. However, it's only happening on one of the hosts I am using, and not others.

The steps I take (which work for the other hosts) is:

In SpamCop's webmail interface, I click "Message Source", type Ctrl-A/Ctrl-C (select all / copy), close the tab, click the "mhreturn" URL, and paste the entire e-mail into the first box, and submit it.

For the other e-mail accounts I have set up, this works just fine. For this one host, I get the error "Headers not found". I have split the e-mail into header/body on that page, and I have forwarded the entire e-mail to the listed address, but they all give the same error.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong (after all, it works for the other hosts), so I don't understand what might be wrong with this e-mail. I even replaced the one TAB in the header with spaces, but to no avail.

How do I proceed from here?

Thank you.

...Near the top center of nearly all SpamCop Forum pages, you should find a text entry box with a "button" labeled "Search for -->" on the left and a button labeled "GO" on the right. Type in the following:

"Headers not found" +mailhosts

(including the quote marks) into the text box and press either button. Go through the links that are returned and check if any are relevant to your situation. If not, please send an e-mail requesting assistance to deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net with "mailhosts" somewhere in the subject line; include in this e-mail the "Tracking URL" of the e-mails returned by SpamCop to your mailhosts attempts.

If not, please send an e-mail requesting assistance to deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net with "mailhosts" somewhere in the subject line;

Oer the Discussion/Post at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=69329 and following, the "deputies" is no longer valid fot this subject matter. Ellend's Pinned Read this first post was updated, the Wiki had some touches, etc. Basically, Don says that he "took over" this function.

include in this e-mail the "Tracking URL" of the e-mails returned .....

Just noting that if a Tracking URL had been provided in the initial query, there might have been some data that others could have jumped on here. Hard to say at this point.

I get the error "Headers not found"
For some reason, the "X-SpamCop-Conf: SecretCode" line is being stripped out of the headers of our configuration test email.

I copied it out of the "Special codes" part in the body text, and pasted it just above the "From" address in the headers, and the system accepted the email. Inetusa.net is now registered as one of your email providers.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

For some reason, the "X-SpamCop-Conf: SecretCode" line is being stripped out of the headers of our configuration test email.

Second time noted .. is there a specific ISP, Host, server, application, tool in use dong this? http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9557 points to Yahoo ..... this one seems to point to Inetusa.net ????

Another case where the smart thing would be to add this to a FAQ so as to prevent these kinds of guessing games and frustration on the user's experience. Troubleshooring would apparently be as suggested in the "ISP blocking outgoing e-mail" issue .. sending a CC: to yat another address so the headers can be scanned for this missing line (and of course, making the assumption that te outgoing Host isn't blocking simply on seeing the "spam" string sequence.) From appearances, there is no user work-around available, requiring manual intervention every time?????

The following has been added to the FAQ:

FAQ Entry: MailHost Configuration problems

Headers not found.

Problem: For some unknown reason, the "X-SpamCop-Conf: SecretCode" line is being stripped out of the headers of the configuration test email.

Solution: Copy the "X-SpamCop-Conf: SecretCode" line which is also found in the "Special codes" part in the body text, and pasted it just above the "From" address in the headers. or send an email to: service[at]admin.spamcop.net. Be sure to include the entire confirmation email with headers (use forward as attachment if possible) and use the following subject line: MailHost configuration error message Headers not found

see forum topic: "Headers not found" when setting up Mailhosts -- for one host only

Fixed the involved HTML so that the link would work as expected.
Thank you Wazoo. Not being a programmer, I struggle trying to keep the code syntax straight with all of the different languages in use.

Archived