11/1/2011 Email system outage

After posting yesterday that this should be a reminder to make a local backup of my mail... guess what I DIDN'T do yesterday... :(

It's difficult to do that when one is sound asleep. ;-)

ALL my emails are gone because I had it set up on IMAP and it synced with an empty server. :angry: I really hope this isn't the case, but I've been on Spamcop for quite a few years now and I estimate that I've lost at least 4 to 5 year's worth or emails if this is the case. :blink:

ALL my emails are gone because I had it set up on IMAP and it synced with an empty server. :angry: I really hope this isn't the case, but I've been on Spamcop for quite a few years now and I estimate that I've lost at least 4 to 5 year's worth or emails if this is the case. :blink:

According to the news page:

Nov 1, 2011

[10:30 EDT] The email system is back up and operational. Old email is not available at this time. In order to get the system back up, new hardware was put into service. We are working to get the old email back online.

[10:30 EDT] The email system is back up and operational. Old email is not available at this time. In order to get the system back up, new hardware was put into service. We are working to get the old email back online.

I'm one of the people who had their mail cut off by IMAP-synking with the empty Spamcop Mail server

I find myself in a unexpected disaster, I'm a SpamCop Webmail user since six years, maybe more, I had such a big amount of folders and message there.. all the serial numbers and registration nonbers of the software I bought along this years, all the receipt and warranties of the products i bought online, all the info about the domains I registered, plus a deal of personal contacts, attached files,,it's impossible to estimate now..

the damage I was done is incalculable, I feel like someone who had his house crashed down by an earthquake..

I sent the support team three different help requests, I don't care if they cannot rebuild my old mail tree, having a ZIPped .mbox single file could be anough, unfortunately I received no feedback so far..

now they have removed all the warnings and announcments from the webmail front page, does it mean they fiished their work? and if they did, then what's about the old mail?

is there any hope??

Adolfo

Per the news:

Nov 3, 2011

[10:30 EDT] Email System Scheduled Maintenance Sat Nov 5, 2011 There will be some short outages (30 min) as we install and test new hardware. Following the hardware installation we will start to restore old mail. Write to support at spamcop.net if you have any questions.

Archived