Representative of www.va-ua.com

Solomon_Jer

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm the representative of www.va-ua.com. Regrettably, there were spam deliveries on behalf of our site, we have no reference to them and I do insist that we have never sent any spam.

We apologize for received spam, at the moment we do everything possible to stop spam deliveries. The thing is that spam is being send not from our servers, that's why we can't block spam distributions.

We tender apologies and appreciate your understanding of the matter.

Solomon.

Hi, Solomon,

...If you will post the IP address you believe is listed, someone here should be able to either provide additional information about the spams that have been sent or that the IP address in question is not on the SpamCop blacklist.

...If by "there were spam deliveries on behalf of our site" you mean that you have received reports that a link to your web site has been included in spam, that would not by itself result in your being listed because you are an "innocent bystander," although SpamCop may have provided to SURBL the information that you are being "Spamvertized." You may therefore ignore the reports. Many times spamvertized links are the spam but if that is not the intention and you actually are an Innocent Bystander, we understand that you are not at fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Again the complaint from SpamCop about spam sending on behalf of our site va-ua.com arrived, once again to you we tell that our site doesn't dispatch spam. I ask to provide proofs of spam sending by a site va-ua.com. Our site can't send spam even theoretically because we erased the MX record http://dnsstuff.fastnext.ru/index.php?fDNS...p;sDNSLookup=MX . We have a request in the mildest terms to erase a site va-ua.com from blacklist in SpamCop.

Solomon.

Hi there Solomon.

As far as I know, you don't need an MX record to SEND spam or any other kind of email, because it's normally only used as part of the process of receiving email. If you did need one, many people would be absolutely stuck and unable to use email clients such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

The evidence should be available in the report you received. Things I'd suggest taking a look at include the "received" headers in the reported email and for links in the message body that refer to a domain over which you have some control.

On IP of website (va-ua.com) it is blocked 25 and 110 port, is the Firewall report:

14 0 0 DROP tcp - *! lo 217.23.9.19 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:25

15 0 0 DROP tcp - *! lo 217.23.9.19 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:110

16 6 264 DROP tcp - *! lo 217.23.9.19 0.0.0.0/0 tcp spt:25

17 0 0 DROP udp - *! lo 217.23.9.19 0.0.0.0/0 udp dpt:25

18 23 6164 DROP udp - *! lo 217.23.9.19 0.0.0.0/0 udp dpt:110

19 0 0 DROP udp - *! lo 217.23.9.19 0.0.0.0/0 udp spt:25

Archived