Can't send email out via smtp.cesmail.com all of a sudden?

Hello,

I can't send email out via smtp.cesmail.com all of a sudden? :o

It says my password is incorrect? I have made no changes at my end (Thunderbird is my email software BTW...)

I am receiving email at skiwi[at]spamcop.net just fine in Thunderbird, via POP...

Thanks in advance...

GREG...

Hi, GREG,

...If no one comes by here soon with a better suggestion, please see the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page) entry labeled "I forgot my Password / can't login / other account problems."

Hello,

I can't send email out via smtp.cesmail.com all of a sudden? :o

It says my password is incorrect? I have made no changes at my end (Thunderbird is my email software BTW...)

I am receiving email at skiwi[at]spamcop.net just fine in Thunderbird, via POP...

Thanks in advance...

GREG...

Same here but when I push cancel it went?

Now to see if Hotmail reject it .

Seems that is ok to? Nope never got bounce never got to Hotmail

Went to webmail and pushed the "problem button" and entered details

My mail is going out OK, but I just came to work.

Maybe there was a temporary problem.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

Got a reply apparently SC Email SMTP has been shut down because to many have disclosed passwords to phishers

You must be exempt

Those that can, need to use their providers SMTP or Gmail's, hotmail's etc, for SMTP (OUTGOING)

Or contact support via SC WebMail to re-instate SMTP via SC!

!

this figure needs to be 80+ below that somethings wrong

https://www.senderscore.org/lookup.php?look...p;ipLookup.y=10

Got a reply apparently SC Email SMTP has been shut down because to many have disclosed passwords to phishers

Maybe they are temporarily shutting down "high volume" SMTP users? My SMTP has continued to work, too (so far), but I send very few messages per day via Spamcop.

(I also report many more messages per day than I send so maybe they validate them that way?)

Maybe they are temporarily shutting down "high volume" SMTP users? My SMTP has continued to work, too (so far), but I send very few messages per day via Spamcop.

(I also report many more messages per day than I send so maybe they validate them that way?)

Very rarely send email

I demand it to work when I do and it mostly for me doesn't

SpamCop Email is failing to much for me to bother supporting it any longer

Really see that SC email is so bad they should do the world a favor and close it down

More often than not when I've gone to send email via my account it's failed and have passed "browned off mode"

Now I'm being told to use my ISPs SMTP server who doesn't have one (they being BigPond send you to Livemail)

My choice is just use Gmail presently reliable, excellent spam filters now far superior to SC email.

Very rarely send email

Really see that SC email is so bad they should do the world a favor and close it down

More often than not when I've gone to send email via my account it's failed and have passed "browned off mode"

Now I'm being told to use my ISPs SMTP server who doesn't have one (they being BigPond send you to Livemail)

My choice is just use Gmail presently reliable, excellent spam filters now far superior to SC email.

If you continue trying SpamCop you might go back to Thunderbird and set up a fresh account. The latest versions of Thunderbird have some automatic tests that let you pick the best settings -- I found that I am using some settings (ports and encryption methods) that differ from what I have used in the past. Once you have done that, you might set your existing settings the same way it suggests.

HOWEVER since you use POP it might be more trouble. I use IMAP so that I get to experience a fresh clean new install of Thunderbird everytime my OS is replaced without worrying about moving my email messages around. (I use a Thunderbird extension to extract the messages for a separate backup.)

In any case, if you are finding SpamCop unreliable you might check your settings, though you have said you also have a message from someone (at SpamCop email support?) saying they are shutting down SMTP. I hope they don't send the same message to me because I find it works well for what I do.

Except when it's broken. :(

Very rarely send email

I continue to have no problems using SMTP either from home, work (when sending personal messages), or my cell phone. I use it every day to report between 30-50 spam messages sent to my wife's gmail account.

If you continue trying SpamCop you might go back to Thunderbird and set up a fresh account.

Except when it's broken. :(

I'm using Thunderbird Portable

Used these settings since SC email ("private") started, Been using SC email when SpamCop started. Found SC email continually improving. Now finding its country wide blacklists failing, it's lost email, SMTP server been full , Hotmail now won't accept SC SMTP, attachments limit now behind times.

The last straw was to cancel my SMTP service without any warning anywhere?.

Time for me to simply go

SC email don't appear interested why should I be?

I have been using Gmail as my main email provider for a few years now letting SC email gradually become a legacy account

Livemail for instant limit recipients to ten maximum. Don't know why SC email don't go with the times?

Not sure why SC email are getting blocked they suggest its phishing exploit but I don't know a lot of spam I'm seeing has forged IP addresses some of them real. Hotmail I think look for named injection point not email server this method is flawed. However SenderScore are also finding SC email SMTP has problems

Would help if SpamCop Email could read abuse reports rather than turn off SMTP?

I continue to have no problems using SMTP either from home, work (when sending personal messages), or my cell phone. I use it every day to report between 30-50 spam messages sent to my wife's gmail account.

Glad your happy.

Shutting down my and others SMTP access (without notice) has not helped according to SenderScore 61 at present needs to be over 80, below that value they are hitting spamtraps. Maybe you will be blocked without any warning next?

I am also unable to send EMAIL using the SC SMTP server and this is SERIOUS as I need to reach out to friends and family from my phone and the ONLY SMTP server I have access to is my SPAMCOP SMTP server.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this as I need to stay in contact with friends and loved ones.

Dan

I am also unable to send EMAIL using the SC SMTP server and this is SERIOUS as I need to reach out to friends and family from my phone and the ONLY SMTP server I have access to is my SPAMCOP SMTP server.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this as I need to stay in contact with friends and loved ones.

Dan

Not that you can do this via email (without warning it's been stopped)

You need to used WebMail problem report to get it working

Suggest in meantime you set-up a Gmail account to send email as it will take some time to correct

Dan

Write to support [at] spamcop.net to request access to SMTP.

Just to keep everyone here updated and to be fair, today, I have started having problems sending messages through spamcop's smtp server. I will update whatever I find.

Just to keep everyone here updated and to be fair, today, I have started having problems sending messages through spamcop's smtp server. I will update whatever I find.

Here at home, I use Windows Live Mail and turning off the SSL switch allows SMTP to work again for either port 25 or port 587. This might not be a sloution for everyone, but I have no problem remofing the SSL. I will be opening a support ticket through webmail and giving them this information.

Here at home, I use Windows Live Mail and turning off the SSL switch allows SMTP to work again for either port 25 or port 587. This might not be a solution for everyone, but I have no problem removing the SSL. I will be opening a support ticket through webmail and giving them this information.

Don't see anymore abuse reports being made since the 27th October?

However senderscore are still counting downward reducing SC email reputation now 54 So spam seems to still be flowing through SMTP 216.154.195.49

...However senderscore are still counting downward reducing SC email reputation now 54 So spam seems to still be flowing through SMTP 216.154.195.49
No evidence given there in "Recent campaigns" past 10/24/12. High impact factors listed as "Message Filtered" (The impact that the rate of filtered mail is having on the sender score of this IP address. The filtered rate is defined as the percentage of deployed mail that was accepted at the gateway by the ISP, however was filtered into the bulk folder or not delivered at all.) and "Unknown Users" (The impact that the rate of mail sent to users that do not exist is having on the sender score of this IP address.) - neither with date information. Yes, declining reputation score would seem to indicate further hits but would need to contact SenderScore for confirmation and supposed evidence (and whether that relates to continuing abuse - or (maybe/say) "lingering effects" of proprietary BLs and whatever weightings might apply to "time in the sin-bin").

SenderScore is focussed on "e-mail marketing deliverability" which is not a precise overlap for "spam suppression", in fact can be directly inimical - I'm not sure about their agendas in terms of the latter when it conflicts with the former.

No evidence given there in "Recent campaigns" past 10/24/12. High impact factors listed as "Message Filtered" (The impact that the rate of filtered mail is having on the sender score of this IP address. The filtered rate is defined as the percentage of deployed mail that was accepted at the gateway by the ISP, however was filtered into the bulk folder or not delivered at all.) and "Unknown Users" (The impact that the rate of mail sent to users that do not exist is having on the sender score of this IP address.) - neither with date information. Yes, declining reputation score would seem to indicate further hits but would need to contact SenderScore for confirmation and supposed evidence (and whether that relates to continuing abuse - or (maybe/say) "lingering effects" of proprietary BLs and whatever weightings might apply to "time in the sin-bin").

SenderScore is focussed on "e-mail marketing deliverability" which is not a precise overlap for "spam suppression", in fact can be directly inimical - I'm not sure about their agendas in terms of the latter when it conflicts with the former.

When SC email bothered to read and act on abuse reports sender score was in high 90's?

Every mesage is uniquely stamped (Message-ID: <509496F8.5000400[ at ] spamcop.net)

Now webmail has started to use a different IP and get's this SenderScore presently 91

SC Emails SMTP Seems relevant/connected to me?

Now I'm guessing that these "marvels" are turning off access for SMTP in groups making them reapply to check user ID? Not that I get it?

It's very rare that I say this, but WTF?

I'm at a slight loss to understand how this problem could have ballooned to an uncontrollable size in the first place, but I'm at an even bigger loss to understand how shutting off SMTP access and not telling the users was the appropriate action. I'm not particularly irate since I very rarely send outbound email on my Spamcop account in the first place, but come on guys, really?

Spamcop's customer service has been lacking in the last few years, but this definitely takes the cake. At the very least this deserves a proper explanation from the Spamcop staff (and I don't mean the poor soul who is staffing Support these days). Email is a 2-way medium; you can't just turn off outbound email like that, never mind the fact that the users weren't told.

Please get your act together guys, this is a high end boutique email service. I don't expect perfection, but as a paid service that just does email I don't think I'm out of line to expect that the service should work as advertised.

<snip>

Spamcop's customer service has been lacking in the last few years, but this definitely takes the cake. At the very least this deserves a proper explanation from the Spamcop staff (and I don't mean the poor soul who is staffing Support these days).

<snip>

...Just to make it clear, once again: SpamCop is not the provider of the e-mail service nor do they support it; it is provided and supported by CES (Corporate Email Services).

Archived