View full header no longer works in new Yahoo

kluless

Anyone else having a problem pulling up the full header in new Yahoo?

This is what I'm getting - the option no longer appears in the drop-down when you have the message open - with the message unopened, and the box checked, the option appears in the drop-down, but does nothing when clicked on

Thanks kluless, not sure at this stage whether that applies to both webmail and "mobile" views but good to know it applies to at least one of them (battling with an unfamiliar iPad on 3G network at the moment).

Do it in this order or it won't work:

While viewing the message, click on MORE at the bottom of the message. (Not the one at the top)

Click VIEW FULL HEADERS.

Copy the full headers by clicking CTRL A then CTRL C.

Close that window by clicking OK.

Click on Forward or push F on the keyboard

Type in your SpamCop reporting address in the TO field.

Paste the full headers (Click just below the Subject, then CTRL V) near the top of the message.

Click SEND

(I've noticed that many times when I use my shortcut name for Spamcop, when I click SEND it says there is no recipient in the To field and I have to type it again. I use spamcop as my shortcut name, but sometimes it changes to just 'spam' in the To field. Not sure why but it does it all the time.

I used to do this before I learned the alt-shift-F method and since that method no longer works, yours IS an option, but SC won't be able to read the links in the spam. Yahoo web mail is a mess w/laggy performance and the occasional need to refresh the page to get buttons to work.

One sure fire way to get the links parsed is to have your Yahoo mail accessed by an email client where you'll be able to view the full source and fwd that. For me it's gotten to be too much work trying to ruin a spammer's day.

Do it in this order or it won't work:

While viewing the message, click on MORE at the bottom of the message. (Not the one at the top)

Click VIEW FULL HEADERS.

Copy the full headers by clicking CTRL A then CTRL C.

Close that window by clicking OK.

Click on Forward or push F on the keyboard

Type in your SpamCop reporting address in the TO field.

Paste the full headers (Click just below the Subject, then CTRL V) near the top of the message.

Click SEND

(I've noticed that many times when I use my shortcut name for Spamcop, when I click SEND it says there is no recipient in the To field and I have to type it again. I use spamcop as my shortcut name, but sometimes it changes to just 'spam' in the To field. Not sure why but it does it all the time.

I've always used the Spamcop reporting form - Just copy/paste the full header into the box, then a blank line & finally copy/paste the message body and click Process spam

Alternatively, you can get a SpamCop email account and just POP your email from Yahoo, since it's free for everyone now. :) Granted you do have to pay SpamCop $30/year for the privilege of having them filter your email for you, but at least you can report your Yahoo spam more easily. :)

Archived