Spamcop on Palm

Using Palm Tungsten C and VersaMail 2.5 for IMAP access to Spamcop via built-in Wi-Fi card. Very convenient for on-the-fly access - message downloading is fast and don't need to stay in hotspot to read SpamCop webmail.

This is a read-only functinality - can't yet configure to send - tried with Mailhop but no luck. Has anyone successfully sorted this out? Since I use more than one Wi-Fi provider, I'd like to have a durable SMTP setting.

Regards,

David

SpamCop doesn't offer SMTP. Your wireless provider may do so, or you can pay $14.95 one time to fastmail.fm and use theirs. (Caveat - I got a 419 this morning from a fastmail.fm server, so it's possible that one might end up on the BL for a while...)

I use a Palm Tungsten W, POP my mail from SpamCop and use the ISP's (ATTWS) SMTP server for sending.

Thanks. I have Mailhop which works on one of my other email accounts through my ISP. Somehow, the settings aren't quite there for the Spamcop access. Will try some new settings and come back to the board with results.

• 4 years later...

I'm in a similar situation, except through AT&T with a Treo 680. My ISP is RoadRunner, but I cannot use their SMTP server through my Palm to send with my SpamCop address; it says ultrajoe[at]spamcop.net isn't allowed to go through there. (I can send from home through it just fine, probably because it's sourced from a RR IP.

I'm in a similar situation, except through AT&T with a Treo 680. My ISP is RoadRunner, but I cannot use their SMTP server through my Palm to send with my SpamCop address; it says ultrajoe[at]spamcop.net isn't allowed to go through there. (I can send from home through it just fine, probably because it's sourced from a RR IP.

I believe since this thread was started, SpamCop does offer authenticated SMTP as explained in this thread: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6825

Not sure if a Treo or Palm can use it (don't know why not), but the information is there. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

I'm in a similar situation, except through AT&T with a Treo 680.

I can confirm that SpamCop's SMTP (smtp.cesmail.net) works fine in the VersaMail app on a Palm Treo. I've used it on both a 700p and a 755p. You go into the advanced settings for the mail account and enter the information from that other thread that Steven referenced. I haven't tried it with port 25, instead option for the alternate port 587.

DT

Archived