Email Storage Quota

and also noting the problems ran into by those that allowed the folders to get so huge that the storage space question might have come up to begin with ... you really don't want to use the SpamCop e-mail server for storage, it would appear <g>

Hi, does anyone know excluding material in the Held Meld filter, as a paying subscriber, how much storage you get?

There doesn't seem to be any information about that in "SpamCop Mail Service" section of the SC FAQ...I just paged through the entire section and didn't find it. So, I put "quota" into the search box and tried searching "SpamCop and FAQ" and it came up empty. So, I let the system search the "Old discussion archive" and came up with some hits...but they had conflicting information.

The oldest messages mentioned a 15-megabyte quota, but that it wasn't enforced. The more recent messages opined that there wasn't any quota at all.

So, I can see how a new user, or even a long-time user might be a bit confused about this issue. :huh:

David T.

How would you get those emails out of the folders en masse?  i've been storing mail there for over a year and the thought of forwarding makes me ill.

There are two "download" options in the webmail "Folder Navigator" -- regular text file and "zip" format. You get there by logging into webmail, clicking on Folders, then on "Expand All." Select the folder(s) you want to download ("en masse") and choose the action from the "Choose Action" menu.

I just tested both download options on my Held Mail (only 63 items, currently), and only the first one worked, which sent me a text file in mbox format as a download. I tried the ".zip format" option twice and it failed both times, giving me only a blank window in my browser (using IE....hey, I'm working on transitioning to FireFox...just tried it in FireFox also...didn't work). So the ".zip format" download of a mailbox appears to be broken. :(

The messages aren't actually removed from the selected folder(s), but rather all marked as read. You can empty the folder(s) using a different item on the "Choose Action" menu. Warning...some of these actions (including the download) might "time out" when working with a massive amount of emails...I don't know, but it might.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Although not an answer to the original question, but further data provided;

> Some seem to be excited over the description of Folder

> size limits as being a "suggested 15Meg, but currently not

> enforced" .. but noting that allowing Folders to get this

> big usually causes issues with logging in, handling, etc. ...

It's not the size of the folders that matters, it's the number of messages.

Having 100 1MB messages in a folder is no problem at all for logging in or

anything. Having 15,000 tiny messages IS a problem.

We're currently still transitioning to the new file servers which we hope

will help with this since they're much faster.

Jeff

• 5 weeks later...
I'm bringing this thread back to the top because it was never resolved. The last post on it, on July 7th, identified a bug in the webmail system that needs attention.

And I'm once again bringing it to the top, a month later, because it's a bug with the webmail system...one of a growing number of unresolved issues.

DT

And I'm once again bringing it to the top, a month later, because it's a bug with the webmail system...one of a growing number of unresolved issues.

DT

16021[/snapback]

I do not follow your point on this one.

The following is the original post including title

Email Storage Quota, Email Storage Quota

Hi, does anyone know excluding material in the Held Meld filter, as a paying subscriber, how much storage you get?

12858[/snapback]

Simple answer, currently no enforced limit.

What is the bug?

If you are referring to other references made deeper in the thread, it would be better to repost it as a new topic with a link to the old one because this topic is not going to get any more attention and why should it?

What is the bug?...

If you are referring to other references made deeper in the thread, it would be better to repost it as a new topic with a link to the old one because this topic is not going to get any more attention...

Yes, I was referring to this bug:

"the '.zip format' download of a mailbox appears to be broken"

That issue was never met with an official response. However, I just ran a test and found that it was magically fixed sometime since July 7th, so....nevermind. It would have been nice for the "fixer" to have reported the "fix" here in the thread where the bug was identified....

DT

Archived