Suggestion - Allow cancel of top item in queue

loafman

It's Monday, there are 350+ spams queued, and the one on top of the queue is causing sigalarm. Like the Too Much Data ones, it cannot be cancelled, so you have to write the deputies to get them to cancel it manually. Most of the time, they can't do it with their bag of tricks and it has to go to Julian. Meanwhile, spam which should be processed into the SCBL is waiting on queue, not doing a bit of good.

Instead of cancelling all of the reports on queue, how about just letting us cancel the one on top that's causing the problem? No parse, no look, just go to the database and nuke it out of there so we can get on with feeding the SCBL.

...Ken

I am thinking that this is something more targeted towards events occurring within a Filtered E-Mail account, vice being strictly a reporting issue. Yes, it is the reporting side that's causing the pain, but ...???? as far as the requeted change / modification .... I'm moving this to the E-Mail Forum.

I am thinking that this is something more targeted towards events occurring within a Filtered E-Mail account, vice being strictly a reporting issue.  Yes, it is the reporting side that's causing the pain, but ...???? as far as the requeted change / modification .... I'm moving this to the E-Mail Forum.

14461[/snapback]

This has nothing to do with email side. I submit via email, but report via SC report page. This has to do with being able to report, or not report, on the SC reporting page. Please read before reacting.

...Ken

I did read, even explained why I made the decision I did.  I also asked for clarification over in the newsgroups in a response to your post over there.  Topic split and moved back to Help ...

Thanks. I replied in the newsgroups as well. I don't know the web mail side enough to see how you got confused, so in the future, I'll try to be more specific..

...Ken

I'll take the hit.  I don't use the e-mail side of the house at all.  And as you see, I'm all over the place, so yes, there a number of times where I shoot too fast <g> Again, apologies and thanks.

Same here. Now we go back to the original discussion...

How about a Cancel top post, or perhaps even a 'Cancel and Notify' that says to cancel the submit and notify the deputies that this post had problems? Perhaps even a little memo box to fill in that you could tell them that it had bogus size problems, or sigalarm, or whatever.

...Ken

Same here.  Now we go back to the original discussion...

How about a Cancel top post, or perhaps even a 'Cancel and Notify' that says to cancel the submit and notify the deputies that this post had problems?  Perhaps even a little memo box to fill in that you could tell them that it had bogus size problems, or sigalarm, or whatever.

...Ken

14490[/snapback]

...My apologies to those of you (and I'm sure you, Ken, are one such) who already know this: implementation of posted suggested can only be made by Julian, so follow-ups are probably futile.

On the flip side, perhaps weighing in on the Topic at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1672 which does have a placeholder for suggestions <g> At least it would put them in a spot where the it would be a more likely spot to catch the eyes of the special folks, rather than buried in amongst other things ... in this case (yeah, shoot me again) stuck in a Forum that's targetted as Help for Reporting issues ...

On the flip side, perhaps weighing in on the Topic at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1672 which does have a placeholder for suggestions <g>  At least it would put them in a spot where the it would be a more likely spot to catch the eyes of the special folks, rather than buried in amongst other things ... in this case (yeah, shoot me again) stuck in a Forum that's targetted as Help for Reporting issues ...

Or get JT to add a forum for suggestions. I can't remember URL's like the above, and they don't show up anywhere I look, so I go to the forum that makes the most sense to use.

...Ken

I guess you didn't take a look at the Topic offered up.  Oh well ...

Yes, I did, but have not seen the forums created yet. It was good of you to do that suggestion and all that work, but I don't normally enter through the discussion home menu, so don't normally see pinned items. My normal entry is through the 'View New Posts' entry. I rarely care what forum it's in, and almost never go from outer to inner from 'home', which seems to be the normal traversal route. I just want to see what's new and View New Posts was the path of least resistance that matched the way I read newsgroups.

OK, so I'm trying to force the newsgroup paradigm on something that is not a newsgroup, but I'm not really going to be happy until Space bar and Next are the only keys I have to hit in order to get to the next new message in the forum. Since the web is made for folks that don't read at my speed, I have to continually move from keyboard to mouse and back again to do what is a 1-keystroke operation in newsgroups. Horribly inefficient, but I'm learning to cope with it. Grudgingly! :(

...Ken

Archived