SC email servers currently not responding!

Update: there's something on the email News page:

[14:21 EDT] Overnight, one of the main fileservers had a problem and the backup didn't switch on automatically as it should have. We're still working on the situation and there have been a couple of downtimes as we're bringing everything back online. We're actively working on it and trying to keep any downtime to a minimum. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Also, a minute ago, I was able to log in, POP, etc.....but there's no new mail there, even though I sent test messages to myself during the "outage".....oops...now I can't POP again...things are going up and down...mostly down....

I just tried a comand-line connection to "mx.cesmail.net" and I was able to submit a messsage to my own SC address in an SMTP fakemail session, so incoming mail is probably queueing up.

dt

Update: there's something on the email News page:

[14:21 EDT] Overnight, one of the main fileservers had a problem and the backup didn't switch on automatically as it should have. We're still working on the situation and there have been a couple of downtimes as we're bringing everything back online. We're actively working on it and trying to keep any downtime to a minimum. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Also, a minute ago, I was able to log in, POP, etc.....but there's no new mail there, even though I sent test messages to myself during the "outage".....oops...now I can't POP again...things are going up and down...mostly down....

dt

15116[/snapback]

The email News page at http://mail.spamcop.net/news.php is not responding for me at present, and the news on http://mailsc.spamcop.net/ is old.

mail downtime isn't a disaster as long as its only a few hours. but if emails get lost, this could be very bad for spamcops reputation.

15123[/snapback]

I don't think any mail will be lost....the admin/tech team knows what it's doing.

dt

mail downtime isn't a disaster as long as its only a few hours. but if emails get lost, this could be very bad for spamcops reputation.

15123[/snapback]

I've seen spamcop mail servers go down many times in the past (over the past 4 years) and I've never heard of people loosing mail.

Archived