Emailed to spamcop fails, manual try works

johnny

When I send spam to spamcop using the submit address they all have the error

"error: couldn't parse head"

But putting the same email into the engine gets through without an error.

(However I notice they BOTH use routes1[at]routes.spamcop.net for a sending.)

I guess it just works better, but I cannot understand why. There is a clue that

the systems prefers forwarding as an attachment. I used to do a cut and paste

that that used to work.

spam checked manually.

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z608683155z23...0f3b1aaaffaed1z

spam sent via email.

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z608687685z7c...538be43bbf81b9z

I don't understand ... you offer up both tracking urls, but you can't see a difference between the two submittals? here's just a small hint .... note the effects of word / line wraps and the resultant screwed up header lines.

Since adding my Mailhost(s) using the MAILHOST button, and since submitting ALL my spams to Spamcop by ATTACHMENT it's been smooth sailing for me.

Submitting by ATTACHMENT is the best way.

I use Pine and REVEAL FULL EMAIL HEADERS then I FORWARD by ATTACHMENT to my super secret Spamcop spam-mail reporting email address. Works like a charm. B)

The use of Mail-Host doesn't have any bearing on this user's "problem" ... it boils down to the "handling" of the spam, which "we" are still waiting to hear what tools are in use that caused the differences in the sample submittals.

I use Yahoo mail.

When I enter the email manually into the spamcop engine

I do a cut and paste. It works.

When I email the email I used to do a cut and paste.

It used to work and now it gets an error.

Either way I send it, I remember to cut away "ADD to ADDRESS BOOK"

from the header.

The forward feature on Yahoo does not offer forward as attachment.

I no longer use the spamcop mail. Since a sad January a few years back

it bacame unusable. (Too many spams.) I used to use it for posting on the

usenet.

In my Yahoo Mail, there are settings for Inline or Attachment of forwarded items ... there are also screen width settings (possibly where the line wraps are screwing things up?) ..... hit the Mail Options, General Preferences ...????

Since adding my Mailhost(s) using the MAILHOST button, and since submitting ALL my spams to Spamcop by ATTACHMENT it's been smooth sailing for me.

Submitting by ATTACHMENT is the best way.

I use Pine and REVEAL FULL EMAIL HEADERS then I FORWARD by ATTACHMENT to my super secret Spamcop spam-mail reporting email address. Works like a charm.  B)

15327[/snapback]

When forwarding as an attachement, I do not believe that it is necessary to go throught the extra step of "reavel full email headers" since the attachment is the entire orignal message, not the copy displayed in your view screen.

If you use the cut and paste method, then it is definately necessary to "reavel full email headers" to be able to paste them.

You are right though that forwarding as attachemt is much better that cut and paste.

There is one other way they works just as well or even better; that is by using IMAP, you can simply drag the messages from your local inbox directing into SpamCop heldmail folder. I use OE and this great for multiple messages.

Archived