2 page form

blitz03

I use SPAMKILLER to filter my email, and then use SPAMCOP to complain (since Spamkiller does not relaibly send the complaint to the right source).

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I identify WHICH part of an email source I should put in the headers and optionally mime separators, and which goes into the decoded email body?

Trying to figure out the cut-off point IS the peorblem I am trying to understand. Here is a sample of an entire email that I would want to complain about;

Return-path: <48478-return-11-98693069[at]lb.bcentral.com>

Received: from mta21.srv.hcvlny.cv.net (mta21.srv.hcvlny.cv.net [167.206.5.182]) by mstr8.srv.hcvlny.cv.net (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 1.25 (built Mar 3 2004)) with ESMTP id <0I39004OHWYS7I[at]mstr8.srv.hcvlny.cv.net> for some body [at]optonline.net; Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:04:04 -0400 (EDT)

Received: from tybclbsmtpa03.listbuilder.com (tybclbsmtpa03.listbuilder.com [204.71.191.29]) by mta21.srv.hcvlny.cv.net (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 1.25 (built Mar 3 2004)) with ESMTP id <0I39008B3WYRLS[at]mta21.srv.hcvlny.cv.net> for some body [at]optonline.net (ORCPT blitz03[at]optonline.net); Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:04:04 -0400 (EDT)

Received: from mail pickup service by tybclbsmtpa03.listbuilder.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:04:02 -0700

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:55:05 -0700

Subject: Congratulations!

Sender: 48478-return-11-98693069[at]lb.bcentral.com

To: List Member <some body [at]optonline.net>

Reply-to: 48478-feedback-11[at]lb.bcentral.com

Message-id: <TYBCLBSMTPA034VGXTn0000f8a9[at]tybclbsmtpa03.listbuilder.com>

MIME-version: 1.0

Content-type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Original-recipient: rfc822; some body [at]optonline.net

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Aug 2004 19:04:02.0346 (UTC) FILETIME=[1CF048A0:01C48EC4]

X-SpamKiller-Read: Y

Good Afternoon. I was browsing thru a few resume banks yesterday and I came across your resume. Your resume has matched several immediate job openings that I need to fill quickly for our busy Xmas season and beyond. Currently I am having a difficult time finding qualified applicants to fill these positions below. For this reason, I have decided to send you an email as I don't want you to miss out on this wonderful opportunity. Application deadline for this position is 09/1/04. Put your application thru now at www.onlythe (busted) bestjobsandemployers . com

<wazoo snipped tons of spam crap not needed for demo purposes)

questions, please visit our website at www.onlythe (busted) bestjobsandemployers . com

Very truly yours,

Kathleen T. Smith

Director, Human Resources

This a not a spam! If you no longer wishes for our company to contact you with employment offers, please unsubscribe now

THANKS!

Having to edit that post, snipping tons of garbage, modifying the exposed e-mail addresses, smashing the advertised URL .... doesn't exactly put me in the best frame of mind to then jump and explain what seems to be somewhat obvious .. the "header" is the part of the spam that contains the technical crap on how the spam got from where it was sent to where it was received. The "body" is the crap that contains the "message" ....

So in your sample, everything above the line "X-SpamKiller-Read: Y" is "header" ... everything below that line is "body"

Thanks for your patience and reply. As obvious as it might seem to both you and I, I had repeatably had received errors when I THOUGHT I had the body seperated from the headers - thus my question.

I'll continue to seperate the 2 per your note to see if I get more success submitting spam.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Rick

If there are more problems with the future submittals, please provide the Tracking URL from the parse result page and provide that link here ... that will allow evaluation of the problem to be based on exactly what was presented to the parser, in addition to saving the screen space here and ruling out all the errors created with the way this thing handles white space and special characters ...

Archived