Spam Cop Auto responder

adrian1

Thanks...have read the FAQ.....I still can't see what I am doing wrong..Anyway, how does an automated device pick up a problem with my spam report? I don't suppose there'ss anybody on this forum I could email direct with a sample of my spam report so they could advise me where I'm going wrong. I've copied the tracing info from Properties...left a space then pasted the body of the email and back it comes :angry:

Thanks...have read the FAQ.....I still can't see what I am doing wrong..Anyway, how does an automated device pick up a problem with my spam report?

17676[/snapback]

...It's a VERY smart program! :) <g>

I don't suppose there'ss anybody on this forum I could email direct with a sample of my spam report so they could advise me where I'm going wrong.  I've copied the tracing info from Properties...left a space then pasted the body of the email and back it comes  :angry:

17676[/snapback]

...Just below this post there should be a series of "buttons" labeled "PM," "CARD" and "EMAIL." Click the one labeled "EMAIL" and it should open a dialog that will allow you to send me an e-mail (without revealing my actual e-mail address).

...Also, what operating system and e-mail software do you use?

OK, the correct way to do this is to have you actually log into the www.spamcop.net web-page and work with the "paste-your-spam-in-the-box" web-form first. (wiser yet would be to go into Preferences and turn on Show Technical Details or whatever it's called these days and then paste in your spam) ... See what happens there .. if there are issues / problems, then post back here and provide the Tracking URL so that "we" can "see" what you've submitted and go from there.

You say you read the FAQ, but have yet to state just what you're using to handle your e-mail with. This bit of data may (or may not) explain some of the background also.

<snip>

(wiser yet would be to go into Preferences and turn on Show Technical Details or whatever it's called these days<snip>

17697[/snapback]

...On the preferences page, click the link labeled "Report Handling Options." On the next page presented ("Reporting preferences"), click the option labeled "Show technical data," which is under the heading "Show Technical Details during reporting."

Well I feel I have no other choice...every time I try to report a spam email all I keep getting back is the automated reply telling me it cannot find my spam within the body of my email. I've read the FAQ and still am none the wiser. I wish you would just provide a simple email address where I can send the spams I get instead of this damned auto responder! Its got to the point where the Spamcop's knockback email is more frustrating than the spam itself :angry: Thanks to the bod who replied to my earlier email in an attempt to help :)

Wait hold the bus!  Pls ignore the above post...I posted it before reading the last two replies in my original post  :o   Thanks for the suggestions...turetzsr...I'll email the details to you LOL

17951[/snapback]

...Got it, but it does not look like an e-mail, it looks like only part of an e-mail. There is almost nothing that looks like it bears any resemblance to the Internet headers of an e-mail. The "body" seems to be this:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux) iD8DBQFBSI5pmqjQ0CJFipgRAlxGAKCpPrt7/HB5YroIdx5J84y6E5opeQCg49dn NHBQlfivIH+fWpgnCv9/jVY=ui8Y -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

which I can well imagine is something that the SpamCop parser would reject as having no body content; it believes that it's possible that you (or Lotus Notes) somehow intervened to change the actual spam e-mail you received and therefore decides to not risk attempting to determine what really happened.

...It appears that you are using Lotus Notes for your e-mail, correct? That is a very helpful piece of information because, if I remember correctly, someone else around here knows some Lotus tricks to submitting spam e-mails to SpamCop. Hopefully (s)he (attn: StevenUnderwood!!!) will see this and chime in....

Yes???? ;)

First what version of Notes are you using? http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

I use v5 at work and use the File | Export method to a text file (or multiple text files), then send a blank email to my submit address attaching the test files. I have a folder configured on my desktop with the files so I rarely have to type the filename, simply click on the next spamxxx.txt file where xxx is a number.

Tried again today....different layout......email returned AGAIN.... :angry:

And just which set of instructions in the above referenced FAQ for LotusNotes did you try? And did you read the additional note that it's possible that absolutely none of the versions offered would work?

Why doesn't the owner of this site make the system more user friendly??????

You've got things a bit backwards .. LotusNotes was never written to be used in this fashion. Thus the PITA to get something close to an RFC compliant "package" to submit to the SpamCop parser.

Hi, adrian1!

Tried again today....different layout......email returned AGAIN.... :angry: Why doesn't the owner of this site make the system more user friendly??????

turetzsr...I await your analysis of the email I sent you

18023[/snapback]

...Sorry, I have not received any e-mail from you since the first one on Sep 28, for which I've already provided feedback, above.

...Also, "turetzsr" is just my user id -- I would prefer being referred to as "Steve T" (see my sig). :) <g>

Archived