[Resolved] Call for "FAQ under construction" Forum

dbiel

Late edit: Wazoo, thankyou for creating the new forum "FAQ under construction"

Wazoo, do you think that we could talk someone into creating a temporary

"FAQ under construction" Forum

with the subtitle - "Please do NOT post any general questions in this forum. This forum is to be used only by those who want to help build a new FAQ data base.

Individual threads could be created for each separate issue with input then being allowed from anyone who wanted to contribute with the result being a good base of FAQ's that could then be organized into a formal FAQ section?

This thread would appear to be a good candidate for the new forum

What do you think? Ask and you shall receive, thank you

do you think that we could talk someone into creating a temporary

with the subtitle - "Please do NOT post any general questions in this forum. This forum is to be used only by those who want to help build a new FAQ data base.

This sounds like the perfect application for a Wiki!

:blink:

Wazoo, do you think that we could talk someone into creating a temporary "FAQ under construction" Forum

Please see http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1672

I haven't yet heard back from JT .. he was to take a look at what's there, tell me how to re-define it so to hopefully make it more of a cut/paste at his end (knowing that there's a heck of a lot more to it than that) .... so consider it snuck in under the wire <g> ... Of course, wondering if it really was already kind of covered under the Mod suggestions ot Other Stuff headings .. but yes, the additional notes against general posring of question is probably better ...

As far as a Wiki goes (and I probably should split this out to the Lounge) ... I can't recall coming across any that caters to the extremes that exist in this world of spammers and those who don't like spam, administrators of hosting systems that serve many thousands to the newbie that just got their first computer last week ... for an interesting read, try http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WhyWikiWorksNot ... it covers a lot of ground on the downside of trying to maintain a Wiki .... recall that a Wiki is based on the collaborative efforts of a community that's in general harmony ... the SpamCop newsgroups and Forums aren't always full of joy <g>

• 10 months later...
Wazoo, do you think that we could talk someone into creating a temporary

with the subtitle - "Please do NOT post any general questions in this forum.  This forum is to be used only by those who want to help build a new FAQ data base. 

Individual threads could be created for each separate issue with input then being allowed from anyone who wanted to contribute with the result being a good base of FAQ's that could then be organized into a formal FAQ section?

This thread would appear to be a good candidate for the new forum

What do you think?

12306[/snapback]

I have split the Reply above from Multiple ways to report spam to a new Topic Call for "FAQ under construction" Forum.

Archived