Kornet, Chinanet, & CNC Group

av8r915

I seem to get most of my spam from the CNC Group, Chinanet, and Kornet networks. I report each spam with full headers and IP addresses to their abuse addresses and via spamcop, but I keep getting spam from their networks. Do their administrators simply not care or not pay attention to spam complaints? Is it possible that they can't read English language spam complaints?

Hi, av8r915!

I seem to get most of my spam from the CNC Group, Chinanet, and Kornet networks.  I report each spam with full headers and IP addresses to their abuse addresses and via spamcop, but I keep getting spam from their networks.  Do their administrators simply not care or not pay attention to spam complaints?  Is it possible that they can't read English language spam complaints?

28804[/snapback]

...There is a similar inquiry, with replies, at Thread " Is sending reports in English a waste?"; the post by StevenUnderwood seems especially relevant.

As Steve T points out, the other Topic/Discussion does follow your main thought process. StevenUnderwood talked of the actions and results of continued reporting, which has to be honestly covered with that even this doesn't help if your e-mail hosting service doesn't use the SpamCopDNSBL, so you may not see any direct / personal results. I will also point out that your "language" issue was addressed in my last post in that other referenced Topic. That "can't read english" possibilty simply can't fly these days.

Thanks for the replies. So do you think that these Asian network administrators ignore spam complaints because spammers pay subscription fees and they don't want to lose the revenue? I feel like I can report spam to Kornet, Chinanet et. al. until I'm blue in the face and I'll still get stuff from their network. Are these abuse reports falling on deaf ears?

Archived