Not receiving pictures

G'day Why is it that when a person sends me an e-mail with pictures imbedded in the message that they are stripped off and I'm not able to view them. I've looked in the header info to see if they came separate, but they do not. I've also tried a few things like redirecting them to another account (usually hotmail or my outlook e-mail) but they don't show up there either, or if they do it's like I get all sorts of garbage and no picture. I've also tried using the reply feature to see if they are in the text part (sometimes I have to reply to even see the text message) but no luck. I've scoured the options until I'm blue in the face and can not find anything that stops this from happening. This is very frustrating to the point that I'm considering not using spamcop and going back to my original method of e-mail. I've had to tell people to send the pictures as an attachment, but why should they have to send me a separate e-mail outside of their lists. Is there a solution to this? Please don't answer with some non-helpful witty answer, this is a real problem and I need a solution or as I said I'm going to pull the plug on spamcop. Thanks in advance Cap Lund Tucson Arizona :o

G'day    Why is it that when a person sends me an e-mail with pictures imbedded in the message that they are stripped off and I'm not able to view them.

35455[/snapback]

This seems to be an email issue so it will be moved there when I am done.

Very few specifics about what you are seeing. Are the pictures there as an attachment? Do you see the html attachment icon. Opening HTML messages is very insecure and most people who resort to spamcop are receiving LOTS of spam so it is logical to limit the danger by not making it easy to open yourself up to more problems.

The sender should probably be sending their messages as plain text or a combination of plain text and rich text. I get emails all the time with pictures embedded. There is usually the html attachment link shown at the top and/or bottom of the message body.

Also very important.

what path does the mail take.

Starting with the sender, what are they using to send the mail.

Some mailservers do not permit the sending of attachments or limit what type and size of attachments can be sent.

What domain is the mail addressed to and is there any forwarding involved.

The assumption was made that this was a SpamCop email account. Is that actually the case?

The mail server where I receive mail will not accept attachments that have more than one dot in the name and there is a list of about 6 extensions like .exe that are also restricted.

Do you see the html attachment icon.

There is usually the html attachment link shown at the top and/or bottom of the message body.

35457[/snapback]

To be more specific:

In the header there is something similiar to:

Part(s):    1  unnamed  [text/html]  5.94 KB
The "unnamed" part is a link to the HTML encoded portion of the message. Then there can also be the following text in the body section which contain the same link and information:
Alternative parts for this section:
This happens when the message has multiple parts. If there are no other parts, the link and information may be highlighted with a dark grey bar as well.

I thought this was one of Jeff G.'s FAQ's (How do I view HTML messages in Webmail) but I can not locate it at the moment. I am being dragged in multiple directions for the next few months and won't have the time to devote here, so if someone could write something up (above are the basics), that would be great.

Also very important.

what path does the mail take.

Starting with the sender, what are they using to send the mail.

Some mailservers do not permit the sending of attachments or limit what type and size of attachments can be sent.

What domain is the mail addressed to and is there any forwarding involved.

The assumption was made that this was a SpamCop email account. Is that actually the case?

The mail server where I receive mail will not accept attachments that have more than one dot in the name and there is a list of about 6 extensions like .exe that are also restricted.

35461[/snapback]

Thanks for answering. I don't know about the path, but I do know that I get imbedded pics if I bypass spamcop and pick up my e-mails in outlook or outlook express. I thought it might be my norton protection stuff, but it's triggered with outlook or spamcop,so I doubt if thats it. Whew I'm totally confussed and frustrated. Thanks again for the response.

Cap Lund

Tucson

...You aren't using Incredimail by any chance, are you?

35482[/snapback]

Thanks for answering. No Im using the software spamcop has in it's webmail site. I did read the topic and responses that you sent, to see if there was a clue, but like me, it didn't and I don't at this point. Thanks again

cap lund

tucson

Archived