[Resolved] Email Service Not Responding

News: (Last Modified: Monday 2005/12/05 23:53:30 -0500)...

SpamCop Mail System Down

The SpamCop mail system stopped responding to POP, IMAP and Webmail requests about

10:00pm CST, Dec. 5/05. At this time, all we can report is the cause is unknown.

JT has been notified and is working on it.

The following is copied from the log on page to WebMail

Dec 6, 2005

[00:41 EST] That didn't go as smoothly as we planned and the downtime was a lot longer than we expected. However, everything is back up and running normally. We apologize about the delay.

Dec 5, 2005

[22:24 EST] We are doing maintenance on our disk systems. There might be a short period where you cannot login, but it should only be a couple of minutes.

...and this morning (Dec. 6th), the following apology appears on the Report spam page:

The SpamCop mail system suffered an outage from approximately

10:00pm until 11:30pm CST, Dec. 5/05. During the outage, users could

not access, retrieve or read their mail via POP, IMAP or Webmail.

The incoming servers were not affected. No mail was lost or bounced during this period.

The mail administrator (JT) extends his apologies for any inconvenience during this

unplanned outage.

(and the "Occasional system outages and error messages" message is also still there)

Is it my imagination, or has there been a recent improvement in communications from "on high"? :-)

DT

<snip>

(and the "Occasional system outages and error messages" message is also still there)

Is it my imagination, or has there been a recent improvement in communications from "on high"?  :-)

37271[/snapback]

I'd say it's not your imagination. And I hope this trend continues. It is so nice to see. :)

Archived