Identifying bad/false reporters

jrhett

Okay, so we've now found two different circumstances where people have apparently taken the following steps.

1. Gotten a new e-mail

2. Send the new address to all of their friends

3. Set up their old e-mail to send everything to spamcop

Well, that would work okay if they had finished unsubscribing and resubscribing to all of their mailing lists as the new e-mail. Which they didn't. Nor did they inform their ISP, who continues to send invoices to the old e-mail, etc etc and such forth.

I think that SpamCop needs the ability for people to identify/vote for false reporters and to get them shut down in a reasonable amount of time.

Again, there is no way of knowing what you are talking about.

SpamCop does have a way for people to identify and notify erroneous reports.

I really do think you need to read the FAQ.

It sounds to me as though whatever you are doing is not according to accepted Internet practice.

Miss Betsy

Okay, so we've now found two different circumstances where people have apparently taken the following steps.

1. Gotten a new e-mail

2. Send the new address to all of their friends

3. Set up their old e-mail to send everything to spamcop

37909[/snapback]

Forwarding everything to be submitted is not as easy as you seem to make it. Many knowledgable people have tried for legitimate spamtraps and failed. This is because simple forwarding will not get the message to spamcop in a format it can use.

More likely is the users are now using a spamcop email account and not carefully checking what they are reporting. They can be penalized for that if you reply to the report or go to your ISP account and complain about it to spamcop.

Archived