webmail down

How sure are you that the problem is at SpamCop?? There'd normally be a slew of other postings here in agreement, postings over in the newsgroups, but at the moment, you're kind of by yourself ...

I didn't want to just say "mee to"....

however, I am unable to connect using POP3 to mail.spamcop.net or using IMAP or using webmail

I've succesfully checked my heldmail folder - but no luck with the "real" mail :-(

OK - some more information....

From my ISP (ntlworld) I run

telnet mail.spamcop.net 110 (connect on pop3) and it fails.... (connection timeout)

The same command from my work connection works OK..

So, perhaps the problem is with ntlworld ???

Don't quite understand why it works (or doesn't) but perhaps someone can shed some light on this problem... ?

Malcolm

catch is you don't explain how far the failed attempt got, whther there's any similarity between your home and work "paths" .... and if it doesn't time out from "work", does this mean you also can't login?

At present, there's now 2 "can't login", 1 "no traffic seen" and and additional "now no POP3" ... but newsgroups are still devoid of complaints, http://alpha.cesmail.net/graphics/spamstats.gif still shows that somebody is reporting something somehow ... so the question now is more like ... what's in common between the three complainents thus far ... just checked all I could, different time zones, so not like an overseas cable break <g>

Sorry for the lack of details... day job getting in the way...

Just to report, that it is now working fine from ntlworld.

It looks like there was some sort of firewall restriction being imposed... but I can't explain it, other than to say it is now working...

Malcolm

Archived