How do I get spam forwarding address?

I need an email address from SpamCop to forward the spam.  How do I get one?

42662[/snapback]

Log-in to SpamCop Reporting page (Top right-hand corner)

Once there your spam reporting/forwarding address is shown

Although MailWasher I found to be good you should try out SpamCop Email. If in two weeks it is not your cup of tea you can ask for a refund.

Actually a bit confused. Previous postings talked about not using SpamCop.net reporting in a long while ... but a later post states that you also have a SpamCop.net e-mail account ... so with all this in place, how could one "sign-up" for an account, yet never visit the www.spamcop.net web-page?

Second question would deal with why this data couldn't be found in the multiple places it's been provided ... was the SpamCop FAQ looked at? any of the How Ro ... entries ... just curious as can be ....

Moved this Topic from the Lounge area over to the Reporting Help Forum section ....

I signed up yesterday for a new SpamCop email account.

I simply stopped using the old one and the subscription ran out.

Yes, I have looked at the FAQ and much of the other information, many times.

There is just so much of it. Even if I remember having seen something there I have no idea where it may have been.

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's far too complicated.

I'm beginnng to run out of patience. I am seriously thinking of demanding a refund.

<snip>

Yes, I have looked at the FAQ and much of the other information, many times.

There is just so much of it.  Even if I remember having seen something there I have no idea where it may have been.

<snip>

42682[/snapback]

...There's a lot there and it's complicated because there's a lot to SpamCop and there's a lot in SpamCop. But if you look at the headings and topics (so you are only looking at what is relevant to you), refer to the glossary when necessary, and ask specific questions here in the forum about things that you do not feel are adequately explained, you will have less trouble. On the other hand, if all you really wanted to do is to vent, then (since you've done that) you need do nothing else at all! :) <g>

I'm beginnng to run out of patience.  I am seriously thinking of demanding a refund.

42682[/snapback]

1. Log into webmail.

2. Click the Report spam icon in the top row of icons. Log into reporting using the same credentials.

3. About 2 lines down the resulting page: Forward your spam to: submit.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net

However, without understanding what you are doing, you may do more harm than good. Good luck.

The above quote is from the original poster. Spamcop is not user-friendly to the average end user because it requires a basic understanding of how email works.

The basic understanding of how email works is not any more difficult to understand than how a piston engine works. There are end users who have been patient enough to listen to explanations from more knowledgable people in the ngs and here in the forum, who also have been patient in explaining it - albeit somewhat colorfully at times.

Some people do not have patience as a virtue, though they may have many other fine qualities. I have often wondered, since patience is a good trait for those who report spam, if the spamcop explanations have never been simplified for that reason. Also I have wondered whether they have not been simplified so that only those who do learn the basics will report.

After looking at the posts in this topic, the poster probably did not understand what 'log-in' means, but no one thought to explain that to him.

Miss Betsy

After looking at the posts in this topic, the poster probably did not understand what 'log-in' means, but no one thought to explain that to him.

42738[/snapback]

That's a hard thing to try to respond to. And that's even after seeing that Don chose to respond to / in "this" Topic/Discussion, though noting that the user's referenced "other post" was the "I got my refund" declaration.

I'll qualify it .. it is hard for "me" to agree / disagree in this particular case, based on the fact that this user has numerous Topics started in multiple Forum sections ... some of the (my) posts in Topics in "this" forum were referencing previous discussions that the same user started in another forum section, yet was trying to cover the same ground. This was further complicated by "signing up for SpamCop, started using MailWasher, started looking at spam/e-mail" ... all at the same time .... just not sure that "we" or even the paid staff can sholder all the blame ....

I signed up yesterday for a new SpamCop email account. 

I'm beginnng to run out of patience.  I am seriously thinking of demanding a refund.

42682[/snapback]

If things are not working out you can easily cancel your account through/via this

WEBPAGE

First check out the WebMail FAQ

• 5 weeks later...

Log-in to SpamCop Reporting page (Top right-hand corner)

Once there your spam reporting/forwarding address is shown

I have the same question.

After I registered the service, received a comfirmation email from spamcop, log-in as the instruction, but I don't see a "spam reporting/forwarding address" in my page.

I just have "statistic / Control Center / Preferences / Request Reports / Show routes"

Am I missing something?

thanks for your help ! :)

I have the same question.

After I registered the service, received a comfirmation email from spamcop, log-in as the instruction, but I don't see a "spam reporting/forwarding address" in my page.

I just have "statistic / Control Center / Preferences / Request Reports / Show routes"

Am I missing something?

thanks for your help ! :)

Yes, you are missing something, both on what you are looking at and in your description of the issue .... My guess from what you do include is that you have managed to sign yourself up for (or converted your Reporting account to) an ISP Account .. usually indicated by some big, black, bold letters saying something ISP Control Center (which no one seems to mention when this "problem" shows up.)

Either try again with another of your e-mail addresses or contact Don/Deputies to have this account flipped from an ISP account to a Reporting account.

Archived