Quick Reporting - none filed all day

Did the recent "Announced" item impact you at that time .. or is this something that has happened since that action? Along that line then have you checked your Preferences settings to see what's showing up there?

I Pinned an entry in this Forum yesterday ... http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6372

Correction, the day before yesterday ....

I just noticed that change to the preferences, but as none have been filed I wouldn't have received the email reports anyway. I checked further back and none from yesterday were filed either, in fact the last one filed was May 15 [at] 4.16.06pm. Several hundred since then - all "No report filed".

Note this is only with the Quick option. If I queue for manual reporting and do it then they file immediately.

I see no option under Preferences to change this behaviour.

I don't see a "Do not send quick reports" option anywhere or anything remotely resembling it. I am using the SC Held Mail page and reporting from there. I never use my own email interface to report as I don't get any spam in my inbox anyway.

I just noticed that change to the preferences, but as none have been filed I wouldn't have received the email reports anyway. I checked further back and none from yesterday were filed either, in fact the last one filed was May 15 [at] 4.16.06pm. Several hundred since then - all "No report filed".

Note this is only with the Quick option. If I queue for manual reporting and do it then they file immediately.

I see no option under Preferences to change this behaviour.

OK, I see you posted into the Announcement item that I Pinned in the Reporting Forum section .. but basically, I'm reading this as the issue did start with the "added option" introduction ... there are other posts in other Forum section about the way it worked/happened, but .... I'm seeing mud right now ...

As I understand it, IronPort software engineers made a code change, inserted into the live system ... part of that code change also involved some new database fields, and a 'default' was made in that work. After this work was completed, they sent out a notice to the Deputies. As it turns out, this cade change had unintended results, apparently only identified by user complaints that something was broken. Don already stated that he "doesn't do code" .. and Ellen seemed to catching up a bit later on the issue ....

Bottom line is .. the "change" should have only effected folks that had the "Quick-Reporting" flag set in their Reporting Accounts. (Thus some confusion over "where to find the changes" and "no such thing on my account" ....) Then there was the confusion over folks that submitted via the "quick" address and those that used the web-mail function buttons.

Now I'm stuck at answering the situation ... I'd posted most of the pertinent stuff in that Pinned announcement discussion in the other Forum ... the 'complaint' traffic seemed to have stopped after the follow-on apology posted by Don, with the additional data of how to "make it work again" instructions.

So let me plead stupidity / ignorance here .. you say you have Quick-Reporting enabled, but the switch settings are not showing up under your Preferences on the logged-in www.spamcop.net page ...???

Maybe the other side of the issue .. how did you notice this 'problem' .. as compared to others that may actually have the same issue but still not know it ???? Is there some obvious sign or do you have to actually do the research to notice that submitted reports aren't being handled? (Trying to come up with what exactly to offer up in an e-mail if I was going to do the notification that something is still broken ...)

I never log out and yes I know the page. There is NO option "Quick Data Reports" = "Enable quick data reports" on my Preferences page.

I first noticed this today when it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't got a report back from SC in 2 + days.

I'm quick reporting from here:

purrint001medium0nv.jpg

Footnote...I re-read the thread in Reporting and I've emailed service[at]admin.spamcop.net as I see they forgot about us email account holders.

Sorry to post in two places, but I find it rather confusing the fine difference between reporting and email account problems.

Footnote...I re-read the thread in Reporting and I've emailed service[at]admin.spamcop.net as I see they forgot about us email account holders.

Sorry to post in two places, but I find it rather confusing the fine difference between reporting and email account problems.

Haven't seen your other post yet .. but ... agree with the confusion ... I recall when I was granted Moderating powers here, I was moving posts around and getting jumped on for that ... my viewpoint then was that Reporting issues were just that .. Reporting issues ... now if one wanted to submit by e-mail, that brought in a whole 'nother issue ... thus was moving those type posts to the "E-mail" section of the Forum ....

Down the road, when given Admin powers, the Forum section list get blown out, more sections added, some redefined, etc. However, I'm still of the thought that Reporting and Submittal are still two different things, and the Submittal via the web-mail app is yet another dimension ....

As in this case, you've stated that the "Reporting" action works just fine .... technically, (as I follow the traffic) the "report via web-mail app" does actually work as far as JT's machines work in Georgia (east coast U.S.) ... and if the Parsing system actually "saw" the submittals, it (IronPort systems on the west coast U.S.) worked just fine. And as you've apparently discovered, we then have to add in the apparent breakdown in communcations between the IronPort software engineers (assumedly in California) and the Deputies (spread out on the North American continent) .... and I have no problem admitting that as just another user / volunteer, I'm even more in the dark ... just doing what I can to tie things together and get the data out ...

Thanks for your efforts ... now off to work on other queries and hopefully to find your other post ....

LOL Wazoo, sounds like you have your work cut out for you!! Hopefully Don or someone will get back to me maybe tomorrow re: my email.

Other post (I thought you had already found it sorry) http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...006entry43006

Ah, I was looking for a post that had Don admitting that "web-mail users had been overlooked" ....

even hit the newsgroups thinking that maybe that's where you posted it ...

Well somewhere above that link is virtually an admission.

Anyway...got a reply from Don:

We created a user option to disable the "Quick data report" that SpamCop sends when you report spam, and implemented it on the 15th. Unfortunately, there was something wrong with the new code and it apparently disabled "quick" reporting for everybody.

I fixed it for your account, so you should be back to normal now.

I'm really sorry about all the trouble. I have a high-priority request in to make it right. Hopefully, it won't be too long before you can disable the "Quick data report" responses from the system if you want..

- Don -

Meanwhile all the spams sent in for quick reporting for the last 2 - 3 days have been wasted.

Well somewhere above that link is virtually an admission.

Meanwhile all the spams sent in for quick reporting for the last 2 - 3 days have been wasted.

No reports back since the 15th (As a email SpamCop subscriber/reporter I do not see an option to disable reports and would not want this)

What happened to the "forum" graph showing SpamCop reporting rate?

I are also not getting reports back also not seeing IP's being shown as reported?

such as this one

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z947663159zc6f221aac1743c56974654fd76cf24faz

No evidence IP 84.97.161.139 has come up for scoring on the SCBL

Thanks .. will add this data to the "other" discussion under the original accouncement ....

No reports back since the 15th (As a email SpamCop subscriber/reporter I do not see an option to disable reports and would not want this)

Yeah, I'm wondering about the whole affair myself .. with the 'danger' conditions existing in the "with a reply" thing now, the "no reply" scenario just seems wrong .. but ... who am I?

What happened to the "forum" graph showing SpamCop reporting rate?

Please see Forum upgrade from ver 2.0.4 to 2.1.6, There are a lot of changes to be aware of!

I are also not getting reports back also not seeing IP's being shown as reported?

No evidence IP 84.97.161.139 has come up for scoring on the SCBL

Perhaps related to No recent reports, no history available, On every IP I check now ... have too many windows opened up right now to take a look at your Tracking URL, so just making a guess here ...????

I never log out and yes I know the page. There is NO option "Quick Data Reports" = "Enable quick data reports" on my Preferences page.

I first noticed this today when it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't got a report back from SC in 2 + days.

I'm quick reporting from here:

It would be more useful to see the Preferences tab at the top for that picture. That is where the changes are made. You say you don't see the option, but I'm not sure you are looking in the right places.

I do not think it matters where your quick reporting from, I had the issue using all 3 methods. Going into the Preferences tab, baout half way down and re-enabling reporting worked for me.

As an email SpamCop subcriber/reporter, you still have the reporting interface where this option could be. Too many people are saying they don't see it to believe it is there for all of them, but many people here do not seem to be describing the correct part of the web page to be sure either.

Webmail, [at]Report spam icon at the top, Preferences tab, Report Handling Options, Quick Data Reports section (just above Sma Munging section. Be sure to save preferences at the bottom of the screen.

I am a webmail user and had this option the first time I looked and still have it now. My quick reporting has worked since re-enabling the reports.

It would be more useful to see the Preferences tab at the top for that picture. That is where the changes are made. You say you don't see the option, but I'm not sure you are looking in the right places.

I do not think it matters where your quick reporting from, I had the issue using all 3 methods. Going into the Preferences tab, baout half way down and re-enabling reporting worked for me.

See my later post with the email I got from Don (Sc Admin) the option was missing from preferences until he put it in for me.

OK, carried your extra / new data to the original Announcement at Quick reporting data Reports, New User Option ... so further discussion should take place there .. while I was at it, I closed the Pinned item I'd placed into this Forum section to bring attention to the Pinned Announcement in the other Forum .... just to rule out the possibility of yet a third place to post <g>

Thanks again!

Archived