Redirect - Forward from WebMail

Brought here from the spamcop.mail newsgroup ... will post the questions here, provide a link 'there' .. I don't recall either question coming up before so there isn't an existing FAQ item the I know of that is specific

Query #1: In spamcop webmail does the "redirect" command work? I put in an email address and the email is never received. If it is working what am I missing?

Query #2: In spamcop webmail I can display "full headers" but is there an option to forward "full headers"

either in-line or as an attachment. The "Report as spam" option sends full headers as an attachment so why is it not an option in using "Forward". Again maybe I need some training.

Query #1: In spamcop webmail does the "redirect" command work?
My answer would be no, it does not work. As mentioned you are given a place to enter an address to have the message redirected to, but when you click on the "Redirect Message" button it simply takes you back to the original message which remains in the inbox and never seems to go anywhere until the contents of the inbox itself are POPed. Looks like a bug to me.
Query #2: In spamcop webmail I can display "full headers" but is there an option to forward "full headers"

either in-line or as an attachment. The "Report as spam" option sends full headers as an attachment so why is it not an option in using "Forward". Again maybe I need some training.

If you are viewing a single message and use the forward option from there, it is impossible to send full headers.

If you are at the inbox (or any other folder)and select the messages you want to forward and click on forward at that level then the messages are attached including full headers but they are sent as "inline" messages regardless of the attachment setting "inline / attachment" Note: clicking on "Update Attachment Information" has no affect on the inline/attachment results. It does cause any attachments marked to be deleted to actually be deleted from the message.

Thanks.

Though now wondering where to go with your answer. Is this a Horde/IMP thing? (after having gome through their FAQ so many time, this doesn't ring a bell either .)

Is this something to do with the other tool used ... (Concurremt or somthing like that?)

Having not been brought before (in my mind) is it worth getting excited about?

Does the "Beta" e-mail system have the same characteristics?

Not being a beta user, I can help on that point.

Personally the only time I really use Webmail is to answer questions about it. So as far as I am concerned it is not an issue; but for those that do use it, I would think it would be a significant issue.

I personally perfer using OE with POP and IMAP with the VER interface. I hate the WebMail interface.

I just tested and both the redirect and forward (from the message list) worked as intended. The attachment still introduces a blank line between each line of text which from time to time messes up the parser. I have since given up on forwarding that way and use VER again for the few that slip be spamcop's filters.

Perhaps the issue dbiel is seeing is the common (for some) issue where the screen goes back to the previous cached one, ignoring the steps taken.

I have long since given up on the beta...after a year, I get the feeling we won't be upgrading any time soon. I would need to lookup the link again to even try it.

Perhaps the issue dbiel is seeing is the common (for some) issue where the screen goes back to the previous cached one, ignoring the steps taken.
The problem with the Redirect as reported in the original post and confirmed by me is that the redirected message never gets to the place it was told to go. Also even after logging out of WebMail and logging back into it 2 hours latter, the redirected messages are still in the inbox and they never did show up at the address they were redirected to.

To: "SpamCop Support - JT"

Subject: webmail functions

Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:07:49 -0500

Asked in the spamcop.mail newsgroup, no response, so

I carted it/them over to the Forum and asked for help .

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6481

webmail has some buttons that either do or do not work ..??

Redirect and Forward are in question ...

Forward was mentioned as still adding in 'new lines/line breaks'

The Beta e-mail system came up, but not really favorably ...

Need your input, as I don't have a clue, and the answers thus

far are a bit confusing ....

The problem with the Redirect as reported in the original post and confirmed by me is that the redirected message never gets to the place it was told to go. Also even after logging out of WebMail and logging back into it 2 hours latter, the redirected messages are still in the inbox and they never did show up at the address they were redirected to.

But mine did, immediately show up at my work address.

But mine did, immediately show up at my work address.
Strange, my first reply seems to have disappeared; so I would repeat it. Could it be a browser issue? I am using an older version of IE

Archived