Marked spam getting through?

I currently have a set up where two of my email addresses are forwarded to the spamcop email and this in turn is formwarded to a third. the reason for this is that the spamcop web interface is just too slow to use for me here.

Anyhows. On one system I have spamassasin running already and this seems to run checks on the email before forwarding. this then arrives back in my third (final) inbox as spam. Checking the header, the spamassasin on my initial server gives the email a score of 8. Spamcop though forwards this email.

Is this because it's already been checked? I would have thought that something flagged for spam would be re-flagged... Do I need to turn off spam assasin on the first email and just let spamcop do the work on its own?

Evenso, I still get some spam coming through regardless... which is a shame... I guess I should edit the options a bit eh?

On a side note, is it normal for webmail to be very slow. It takes around 1minute from clicking on say options to get the options page.

thanks

Is this because it's already been checked? I would have thought that something flagged for spam would be re-flagged... Do I need to turn off spam assasin on the first email and just let spamcop do the work on its own?

Evenso, I still get some spam coming through regardless... which is a shame... I guess I should edit the options a bit eh?

On a side note, is it normal for webmail to be very slow. It takes around 1minute from clicking on say options to get the options page.

We won't be able to answer without a tracking URL. What do the X-spam and X-Spamcop headers on the messages getting through look like? Here is an example I have for a message blocked by spamassassin.

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.1 (2006-03-10) on blade4

X-spam-Level: ************

X-spam-Status: hits=12.4 tests=DATE_IN_FUTURE_24_48,URIBL_BLACK, URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_OB_SURBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL,URI_OFFERS version=3.1.1

X-SpamCop-Checked:

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked SpamAssassin=12

I use spamcop's webmail daily and do not have delays. I would think if people were experiencing 1 minute delays, there would be an uproar here. That being said, there is an upgrade on the way which may improve things for you shortly. We were expecting it this weekend, but that appreas not to have happened.

We won't be able to answer without a tracking URL. What do the X-spam and X-Spamcop headers on the messages getting through look like? Here is an example I have for a message blocked by spamassassin.

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.1 (2006-03-10) on blade4

X-spam-Level: ************

X-spam-Status: hits=12.4 tests=DATE_IN_FUTURE_24_48,URIBL_BLACK, URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_OB_SURBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL,URI_OFFERS version=3.1.1

X-SpamCop-Checked:

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked SpamAssassin=12

I use spamcop's webmail daily and do not have delays. I would think if people were experiencing 1 minute delays, there would be an uproar here. That being said, there is an upgrade on the way which may improve things for you shortly. We were expecting it this weekend, but that appreas not to have happened.

Thanks for the reply

I've deleted the older messages, but a recent one looks like this

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.1 (2006-03-10) on blade6

X-spam-Level: **

X-spam-Status: hits=2.0 tests=DATE_IN_FUTURE_03_06,HTML_MESSAGE,

UNPARSEABLE_RELAY version=3.1.1

However, here I see the spam level is 2, whereas in the body I have:

Content analysis details: (9.4 points, 5.0 required)

And doesn't seem to contain the X-Spamcop sections either...although the body again states:

spam detection software, running on the system "xxxx.xxxxxx.com", has identified this incoming email as possible spam.

I've had another go on webmail.spamcop.net and it still seems slow. That said though I have only ever accessed it from one location (work, which should be fast). I may try some other connections and see what happens.

However on average it takes 30seconds to go from my inbox to the options page.. and another 30seconds to go back to the inbox. It's not the end of the world, but I'd have thought it would be faster than that...

Cheers

However, here I see the spam level is 2, whereas in the body I have:

Content analysis details: (9.4 points, 5.0 required)

And doesn't seem to contain the X-Spamcop sections either...although the body again states:

spam detection software, running on the system "xxxx.xxxxxx.com", has identified this incoming email as possible spam.

I wonder what your settings are for the Email filtering blacklists within SpamCop Email?

You may have very different setting within SC to the SpamAssassin on the other system - or even not have SpamAssassin enabled within SpamCop mail.

Andrew

Archived