Strange request for help

Jefferson

I am unable to figure out how to post or get help here at SpamCop. I'm willing to pay any price to speak with an expert on SpamCop with experience uploading e-mail addresses from Entourage. Expertise with SpamCop's spam filters a plus.

Please e-mail me at <jefferson_lilly[at]yhaoo.com> and tell me a bit about your expertise and name your price.

Many thanks,

-Jefferson-

This post was extracted from an ancient Topic dating back to Oct 24 2005, titled System went nasty in the Geek/Tech Things > Software Issues Forum section. Obviously, the "How to Post" problem was resolved, although there is no indication as to how the placement of this post was calculated.

As far as 'answers' .... try the Frequently Asked Questions list, links at the top of this very page .. look for SpamCop FAQ for using the SpamCop.net toolset, Forum FAQ for using 'this' application.

PM sent to advise of the split, move of the Topic starting post.

I am unable to figure out how to post or get help at SpamCop. I'm willing to pay any price to speak with an expert on SpamCop with experience uploading e-mail addresses from Entourage. Expertise with SpamCop's spam filters a plus.

Please e-mail me at <jefferson_lilly[at]yhaoo.com> and tell me a bit about your expertise and name your price.

Many thanks,

-Jefferson-

This second post was split out from yet another non-associated Topic at How We Use SpamCop, Detailed Examples

This is already old .... the first Topic being Miss Betsy's issues with an old computer, this last one being examples of how other folks actually use SpamCop.net .. yet, apparently nothing read in either discussion ....this user is heading for some Admin action quick ...

Added later:

User read the PM sent;

Subject: Your last post

was split out from the Topic you elected to post it into, as it had nothing to do with that discussion. This post was then also moved to a different Forum section ... one might assume that you're asking about a SpamCop.net e-mail Account, but .... not really sure ... now found at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6778

then ... logged out ..... one just has to be impressed ....

... where do these people come from?
From the ranks of those vainly PM'ing Jeff G and/or frenchkiwi (in retrospect an improbable combination) I guess. My grokking circuit is overloaded and offline but hopefully the OP will return with a step by step request to coax informed responses from hir fellow Entourage users if the FAQs are not understood or incomplete on the topic. I'm thinking along the lines of encouragement, "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask," and myself being equisitely bashful, thus able to empathise but gamely going on to push the "but if you make it public others may benefit," barrow.

I tried in vain to work up a solution that the first posting, placed at the end of a discussion in a sub-sub-forum had to be the result of a search engine result ... but trying to tie in the reference to Miss Betsy's computer issues (a lot of discussion on Office 97) somehow being the result of a search about Entourage on a Mac certainly didn't ring any obvious bells .... so split that post out and made it its own new Topic ....

However, then seeing that a duplicate post was made in another Forum section, at the end of yet another discussion that didn't really contain any "use Entourage on a Mac" dialog .... that made even less sense ... of course reading the "I can't figure out how to post" remark for the second time in just a few minutes ....???

Then seeing that all this was after searching out a place to click on a button to "e-mail Jeff G." ... and I'm reading the "can't figure out how to post" thing again .... use of a Yahoo.com address, a posting IP address that tracked back to Texas, U.S., and that the post was made in English suggests that a language issue wasn't the primary problem.

Ruled out the possibility that there was a target involved in the posted e-mail address ....

But the reading of my PM and then departing the area seemed to be the strangest part of the action.

I started running with the "name your price" mode and began creating my "wish list" .... yet another crash ended up taking me into a time-scheduling issue, needing to be elsewhere for a while .... made it back home and see nothing new from the Topic starter .... oh well ... guess I'll just have to wait for the next "picking on a newbie" complaint ....

Archived