Confirm Email Rec'd; Mailhost Doesn't Show Up

I've attempted to register a new mailhost.

I do get the final confirmation email, but even after a week the mailhost does not show up on my mailhost list. Consequently I cannot submit any spam received at that address.

Have you looked through all your existing mailhosts? It is possible it was already part of one of your existing ones (2 ISP's use the same mail provider, for example).

Posting more information (copy//paste your mailhost page, tell us what the domain of the address is) will get better answers.

Have you looked through all your existing mailhosts? It is possible it was already part of one of your existing ones (2 ISP's use the same mail provider, for example). Posting more information (copy//paste your mailhost page, tell us what the domain of the address is) will get better answers.

I have looked through my existing mailhosts. Neither of the two of them is the same as the new one I am trying to set up. The recipient domain is mail.stonehenge-company.com

I even tried to past headers directly and still got the No Source IP Address Found, Cannot Proceed (whatever that means).

. . . . Oh, also note, I am /not/ receingb email notification of replies.

Headers posted:

Return-path: <donotreply[at]ncfmail8.com>

Received: from vw1.forevermail.com [207.234.208.117]

by mail.stonehenge-company.com; Wed, 09 Aug 2006 02:17:18 -0400

Received: from [69.12.20.137] (HELO changeme.ncfmail8.com)

by vw1.forevermail.com (8.12.10/8.11.5) via ESMTP

id <k796KXST026283-donotreply[at]ncfmail8.com> for <hr[at]acct.promail.com>;

Wed, 9 Aug 2006 02:20:34 -0400

Received: (qmail 6099 invoked by uid 48); 9 Aug 2006 05:59:07 -0500

Date: 9 Aug 2006 05:59:07 -0500

To: hr[at]acct.promail.com

Subject: Columbus Job Fair

MIME-Version: 1.0

From: "National Career Fairs" <donotreply[at]ncfmail8.com>

X-mid: aHJAYWNjdC5wcm9tYWlsLmNvbQ==

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="=_40afdb75030fe10e883cefcaf2bf113d"

Message-ID: <j3q96j.3dswl8[at]ncfmail8.com>

--=_40afdb75030fe10e883cefcaf2bf113d

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS MESSAGE,

SEND ALL EMAIL INQUIRIES TO kevin[at]nationalcareerfairs.com

blah blah blah blah blah

Unrelated, but you should also look at Spammers love Forum name = e-mail address, if you should wish to change, contact Wazoo - note SpamCop Forum members are only permitted ONE member account.

There is no place place to change the user name (not that I've been able to find anyway). Why do you think I have more than one account?

spamcop.net' post='46022' date='Aug 9 2006, 07:21 PM']...There is no place place to change the user name (not that I've been able to find anyway). Why do you think I have more than one account?
I don't think that - just pointing out the only way to drop your current user name, should you wish to, is to request change through admin (PM Wazoo).

spamcop.net' post='46022' date='Aug 9 2006, 07:21 AM']

I have looked through my existing mailhosts. Neither of the two of them is the same as the new one I am trying to set up. The recipient domain is mail.stonehenge-company.com

I even tried to past headers directly and still got the No Source IP Address Found, Cannot Proceed (whatever that means).

Headers posted:

Headers posted WHERE? That message is NOT the probe sent from the Mailhost system. If you are not receiving the probe, then please check any spam protection you have on that account.

When I start the process using email address test[at]mail.stonehenge-company.com (as you stated), I get the following message:

No MX records found for mail.stonehenge-company.com.

Please ask your mail administrator to fix this problem

Trying to use A record instead

Ready to send test email. Please select the mailservers to test from the list below - you will receive one email for each. Using the default selections should be safe, but selecting more servers for testing will give us a more complete picture of your configuration.

mail.stonehenge-company.com. (pri 0)

If I use test[at]stonehenge-company.com, I get just the second part (Ready to send ...) and a priority of 10.

Are you getting to that screen? Are you seeing the probe come into your account at stonehenge-company.com?

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ returns;

ns53.4admin.com reports the following MX records:

Preference Host Name IP Address TTL

10 mail.stonehenge-company.com 165.236.138.253 86400

8/9/2006 12:52:16 PM Central Standard Time

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.c...nge-company.com returns;

mail.stonehenge-company.com:

220 mail.stonehenge-company.com GroupWise Internet Agent 6.5.1

Copyright © 1993-2003 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. Ready

I thoght it was just me that was of the thought that being helpful just wasn't in the cards here.

Questions asked, not answered.

Link provided, but not followed.

Specific data requested, some off the wall stuff provided in reply ....

And of course, the normal "see the Pinned posts for issues that appear to be our of the normal range" doesn't seem like that would offer much assistance either, based on the "links not followed" actions noted already.

Headers posted WHERE? That message is NOT the probe sent from the Mailhost system. If you are not receiving the probe, . . .

Sorry, I meant "Headers PASTED" - meaning that these were sample headers pasted into the spam reporting page that returned the error.

In my original message I did say that I did receive the confirmation email from the mailhosts system. I also received the probe messge.

We do have an A record; I am the network administrator.

Should I try to register the mailhost again and save the probe message? I've done that two or three times but the mailhost does not show up on my mailhosts page.

There is no place place to change the user name (not that I've been able to find anyway).

To edit one's profile, click on your own name, then you will see a link that will allow you to edit your own profile, everthing but the login name.

To edit one's profile, click on your own name, then you will see a link that will allow you to edit your own profile, everthing but the login name.

Why is it you keep missing or ignoring this helpful bit of information?

if you should wish to change, contact Wazoo

just pointing out the only way to drop your current user name, should you wish to, is to request change through admin (PM Wazoo).

Sorry, I meant "Headers PASTED" - meaning that these were sample headers pasted into the spam reporting page that returned the error.

You will not be able to report spam from that account until your mailhost shows up.

In my original message I did say that I did receive the confirmation email from the mailhosts system. I also received the probe messge.

You should have received the probe message and either returned it or pasted it into the specific mailhost parser and then gotten the confirmation. If it happened in that order and the mailhost still did not show up, please go back to the top of the Mailhost System Configuration and read the post "Pinned: Mailhost Issues - please read before posting - Please Read BEFORE Posting" carefully. It will tell you how to get official help with the mailhost system.

We do have an A record; I am the network administrator.

Again, you did not read or comprehend what I wrote. You stated you tried to register the mail.stonehenge-company.com domain.

The recipient domain is mail.stonehenge-company.com
I tried to register that domain by entering the email address test[at]mail.stonehenge-company.com and got the error message described. I could prove there is no MX record for the mail.stonehenge-company.com domain if you want but I think you will be embarassed by how you do not comprehend the words in front of you. As a hint, I also stated that I got the proper response when trying to register the stonehenge-company.com domain by sending to test[at]stonehenge-company.com and getting the responding MX record pointing to the SERVER mail.stonehenge-company.com.

Should I try to register the mailhost again and save the probe message? I've done that two or three times but the mailhost does not show up on my mailhosts page.

As stated here, sending the probe message is the FIRST step to getting a mailhost configured. The returning of the probe message is even more important as it tells the system your system is capable of generating full headers which can be parsed. There are two methids of doing this (last time I did it, anyway). That is forwarding usually as attachment to the address provided or cutting and pasting the entire source into a form and parsing similiar to the regular parser.

If you have gone through this whole process, again, follow the directions in the pinned announcement which does NOT include posting to the forums.

Archived