IP area of Spamcop.s SMTP servers

Hi!

My ISP doesn't allow spamcop's servers to forward mail from yahoo.com adresses, because the sender is not offical SMTP -server.

They told me they could admit mail from spamcops servers, if they only knew the IP-adresses/IP-area of the sending servers.

I thought I could pick them up form the incoming mail headers, but the firs server's name was c60.cesmail.net, so I figured out there could be a few more.

So could I get the IP area or could you send it yourself to the admistrators of saunalahti.fi to the adress webmail[at]saunalahti.com.

Tero

spamcop.net' post='48192' date='Sep 22 2006, 02:25 AM']My ISP doesn't allow spamcop's servers to forward mail from yahoo.com adresses, because the sender is not offical SMTP -server.

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing with your SpamCop mail. The three ways that I access my SpamCop email account are either by using an email client on my PC (Pegaus) to POP the mail directly from "mail.spamcop.net" or by using the same program to view my mail using IMAP on "imap.spamcop.net" or by using a browser to connect to "webmail.spamcop.net." I can't imagine an ISP blocking any of that, so maybe you're forwarding the mail that arrives at your SpamCop account to a mailbox on your local ISP? I don't understand why you would want to do that.

DT

spamcop.net' post='48192' date='Sep 22 2006, 09:25 AM']My ISP doesn't allow spamcop's servers to forward mail from yahoo.com adresses, because the sender is not offical SMTP -server.

They told me they could admit mail from spamcops servers, if they only knew the IP-adresses/IP-area of the sending servers.

I thought I could pick them up form the incoming mail headers, but the firs server's name was c60.cesmail.net, so I figured out there could be a few more.

So could I get the IP area or could you send it yourself to the admistrators of saunalahti.fi to the adress webmail[at]saunalahti.com.

No need to forward you can pop SpamCop directly (I'm in Sydney Australia) SpamCops servers are probably faster than your ISP

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing with your SpamCop mail. The three ways that I access my SpamCop email account are either by using an email client on my PC (Pegaus) to POP the mail directly from "mail.spamcop.net" or by using the same program to view my mail using IMAP on "imap.spamcop.net" or by using a browser to connect to "webmail.spamcop.net." I can't imagine an ISP blocking any of that, so maybe you're forwarding the mail that arrives at your SpamCop account to a mailbox on your local ISP? I don't understand why you would want to do that.

DT

David: You can also have spamcop forward all good messages (or all messages in tagging mode) to an alternate address. This appears to be what he is doing.

Petzl: Perhaps Tero has a good reason for wanting messages forwarded to his ISP account.

Suggesting these alternatives is good, but not answering Tero's question.

Tero: I do not forward, so I do know know what servers are used for that. To get an authoratative answer, you woul dneed to contact JT (support[at]spamcop.net).

Another work around would be to send your Yahoo messages directly to your ISP account.

This is one of the known problems with SPF, you can not use a forwarding service if the receiver is checking for it. The message is saying it came from Yahoo, Yahoo has SPF records indicating the servers this message is valid for. The message, after redirection, is coming from a different server and is rejected.

David: You can also have spamcop forward all good messages (or all messages in tagging mode) to an alternate address.

Suggesting these alternatives is good, but not answering Tero's question.

But if Tero takes our suggestion and stops trying to forward the mail from SpamCop to another ISP, then the problem is indeed solved. I'm still puzzled about why someone would want/need to do that.

Another work around would be to send your Yahoo messages directly to your ISP account.

That's not an option with free Yahoo accounts. In order to POP or forward, you must upgrade and pay $19.99/year.

DT

That's not an option with free Yahoo accounts. In order to POP or forward, you must upgrade and pay $19.99/year.

Although I've not checked lately, this scenario was valid for the U.S. based Yahoo accounts .... However, other contry specific Yahoo accounts sill offer(ed) free POP, forwarding, etc.

Although I've not checked lately, this scenario was valid for the U.S. based Yahoo accounts .... However, other contry specific Yahoo accounts sill offer(ed) free POP, forwarding, etc.
I checked the US-based site and they definitely do NOT offer POP with the free accounts:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-35.html

However, a little poking around on the UK site brought up this comparison chart:

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/plus/info/

So, the non-US accounts *do* currently have POP and forwarding. Tero would have to clarify which flavor/nationality of Yahoo mail is in play here.

DT

He has not said he is using his yahoo email account. I was working on the assumption he had alerts or groups messages being sent to an alternate non-yahoo email address (which you can do with the free service, I do it myself).

My assumption may be wrong. More information from the OP would be helpful here.

Nineteenth time at looking at this, I'm also going to go with an SPF problem .. keying on the sentence "My ISP doesn't allow spamcop's servers to forward mail from yahoo.com adresses, because the sender is not offical SMTP -server. " I'm reading that as;

Yahoo e-mail gets forwarded to SpamCop

SpamCop e-mail account configuration is to Forward

Receiving ISP sees the 'bad' SPF details and does a reject

• 9 months later...

Received via PM

I can still see it in:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...w=&st=&

At the list of the topics.

Tero

This is all in reference to a delayed action of asking for a name change ... after a number of posts had been made ...

My first issue ... what is "the list of topics" ...???

OK, change the 'view' to "Outline mode" ... at the bottom is a list of Topic titles ... and sure enough, the first entry still uses the original "forum name" as the poster ID ...

Off to find/search the codebase for where this view/list is involved, identify just what database field is queried, see what else I need to change .... geeze ..... fun and games for sure .... then having to sort out just how many others may actually be in the same situation .....

and while I'm at it .. updated my 'Big Tracker' entry at [2.2.2 and prior]User name change action is incomplete

OK .. as I posted into the Bug Tracker ...

OK .. guess it's a continuation of the theme. I didn't do an SQL query on this user as there were only a handful of posts involved. And that's where I got bit .... the author_name in <prefix>_posts wasn't updated, due to me not going full-tilt on the updates ....

My fault for not doing a 'total' manual name change procedure ... damn ....

username / displayed poster ID now fixed .... not one to hide my mistakes, PM sent;

Many hours later, after having to fix one of those fat-fingered mistakes which impacted the entire database .... I am going to say the issue is now resolved.

Archived