My Emails blocked by "Spam Cop"

richard86

Hi,

My e-mail richard[at]howard2001.freeserve.co.uk has been blocked by spam Cop! I have no idea why! Please unblock it as it's my business email account (for my business ww w.phonenumbers4u.co.u k) as its a right pain sending customers emails from my MSN account!

P.S What happened to inocent until proven guilty?

Regards

Richard Howard

1. Spamcop does not have the ability to block emails, the ISP you are send the message to is the one blockling. You need to contact them and see about whitelisting your address.

2. Most blocks are done on the IP address of the mail server because the email address is easily and always forged by spammers. You should contact freeserve about cleaning up their act.

3. Spamcop is not a public court system so that line does not apply here but there is always evidence (though sometimes only seen by the paid staff of spamcop) behind the listing. If you provide the IP address from one of the bounce messags, we can likely provide you with some of that evidence.

4. All of this information (and much more detail) is available in the FAQ here.

More detail needed to provide any element of "help" here - IP address not provided (I can't make much progress with just the freeserve email address SenderBase gives no clue as to a blocked sender - I checked that within a few hours of the initial post), no data or diagnosis possible. OP has not been back since initial post. I may be harsh but I see this as being indistinguishable from spamming our bb (URL in post #1 does not help us help the OP but notes a number of different email addresses - with a different provider - for contact, just to complicate things)

[- all with a third party rant thrown in. Nothing wrong with that but not in the SC Blocklist Help forum.] Superseded by the flying digits of Wazoo, who split the hijacked stuff off, returned the relevant bit "here", except for this post which I have retrieved and edited to suit. Not to worry, I am acclimatized to chaos ;). OP PM'd of move. OP advised of move back (same pasted link should have tracked anyway). Stand by for further developments ... (breathless)

My e-mail richard[at]howard2001.freeserve.co.uk has been blocked by spam Cop! I have no idea why! Please unblock it as it's my business email account (for my business w ww.phonenumbers4u.co.u k) as its a right pain sending customers emails from my MSN account!

Hi Richard!

Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve has a major problem which is affecting all their customers - not just you.

If you're running a business then I'd advise you find yourself a more reliable and responsive company able to address the problem they face.

There is a long discussion on this topic at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7131 which might help you.

Moderators might choose to merge this thread with that topic (or they might not :) )

Andrew

... Moderators might choose to merge this thread with that topic (or they might not :) )
This moderator is hanging out for actual evidence of a block else it's off to the Lounge and the URLs broken (enough free clicks already). Noting the OP has logged in once more, leaving nothing further.

[Moved 0041 (+0000) 03 Oct - OP has not provided sufficient detail for any possible assistance, the advertized commercial website had no apparent connection to the email "address" said to be blocked and that address yielded no obvious connection to a blocklisted IP. No doubt any number of people "here" would, as always, gladly assist the OP if he cares to seek help with an actual SCBL-related issue. As Andrew said, Freeserve has issues - but no issue has been demonstrated in this case. OP advised.]

My e-mail richard[at]howard2001.freeserve.co.uk has been blocked by spam Cop!

Richard, you are an "innocent victim" ... and should find a better host.

Freeserve.co.uk has shown up in dozens and dozens of spams

and blog spam postings over the past two months.

Unfortunately, Freeserve allows users to set up a "free" hosting

account -- and therefore is open for botspammers.

I was getting no satisfaction from SpamCoop, after several HUNDRED

spams to "Freeserve" sites -- so, I began reporting them manually

directly to the abuse admins of Freeserve. I was able to get many of

them shut down -- however, Freeserve obviously didn't change their

policy, so for every one I shut down, there are six more to take their

place.

I gave up and blocked the ENTIRE Freeserve nation from our servers.

Plunk! Gone.

So, you got blocked in the process. Sorry.

Get a host with some principles.

:-)

I was getting no satisfaction from SpamCoop, after several HUNDRED spams to "Freeserve" sites -- so, I began reporting them manually

directly to the abuse admins of Freeserve. I was able to get many of them shut down -- however, Freeserve obviously didn't change their policy, so for every one I shut down, there are six more to take their place.

I gave up and blocked the ENTIRE Freeserve nation from our servers.

Plunk! Gone.

Just to clarify this excellent feedback .... the (spamvertised site) Reports sent out by the SpamCop.net system are only 'notifications' (the source IP address Reports feed the SpamCopDNSBL) ... it's up the the receiving entity/ISP to actually get involved and actually do something in response to those Reports. It's pretty much assumed that Freeserve was receiving so many complaints that they decided to ignore all that traffic .. results are as Fred points out .. spew continues, other 'solutions' are put in place by the unwilling recipients of all the 'bad' stuff ....

Archived