My SpamCop reporting page is gone

Rey

I've been routinely reporting spam on the SpamCop reporting page for at least 2 years with no problem. The other day when I went there (members.spamcop.net) I was met by a request for name and password. For the first time there was no automatic recognition. I logged in, name/password were accepted, but the reporting page didn't came up. What did come up was something called the "ISP control center." That's not the page to report spam. It has an ACTION url that doesn't have Report spam as one of its options. I tried the options offered. None accepted a spam report.

This has been happening for the last 4 or 5 days. Came here expecting some talk on problems at the site but there is none. Is SpamCop working as it should? Has anyone else seen a problem like mine?

Rey

Typically, an issue met when trying to login goes right along with a dip or an outage seen in the Reporting Server Status graphic/link at the top of this screen.

However, the error messages tossed out usually invlude a "putrow error ...." type string.

Pulling up a tiny box, offering strange action URLs .... nothing like that ever described before ...

On the other hand, letting the imagination go wild, my thoughts would be that your Reporting Account has been changed to an ISP Account .... I have never quite understood the lack of description here, as that page is clearly titled ISP Control Center ....

A previous situation addressed in http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...amp;#entry43936 .. another one of those queries that was never followed up by the original poster .... so not really sure if his problem was actually resolved or not.

Edit: see that while I was doing the reseach for this post, the starting post had been edited to include the data that I said was missing <g>

On the other hand, letting the imagination go wild, my thoughts would be that your Reporting Account has been changed to an ISP Account

Bingo. And since SpamCop has no doorbell, I can't ring and tell them so. It's OK with me. I used to kill an hour a week reporting spam, probably accomplishing zilch. There are more effective things to do with that time.

Cordially,

Rey

Bingo. And since SpamCop has no doorbell, I can't ring and tell them so.

Not sure I understand ... there are numerous places that list "Contact" points, be it via e-mail address, web-form, etc.

To: deputies

Subject: Change ISP account back to a Reporting Account?

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:08:28 -0600

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7535

User's Reporting Account turned into an ISP Account.

Can the bits be toggled back?

Registered into the Forum using the e-mail address of:

<elided for this post>

PM sent with the following content:

See data posted into your Topic at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7535

The catch is that I have no idea if the e-mail addresss you used 'here' is the same as your 'registered Reporting Account e-mail address"

Not sure I understand ... there are numerous places that list "Contact" points, be it via e-mail address, web-form, etc.

Now that's news. In all the time I've been involved with SpamCop I've never found a contact point. Only forums.

I've been routinely reporting spam on the SpamCop reporting page for at least 2 years with no problem. The other day when I went there (members.spamcop.net) I was met by a request for name and password. For the first time there was no automatic recognition. I logged in, name/password were accepted, but the reporting page didn't came up. What did come up was something called the "ISP control center." That's not the page to report spam. It has an ACTION url that doesn't have Report spam as one of its options. I tried the options offered. None accepted a spam report.

This has been happening for the last 4 or 5 days. Came here expecting some talk on problems at the site but there is none. Is SpamCop working as it should? Has anyone else seen a problem like mine?

I've changed the account for the address that Wazoo provided us from an ISP account to a reporting account. I do have to wonder whether you have a different account though, as it looks like this account has always been an ISP account. There's no history of spam being reported on the account, but there is an old history of the address receiving reports a long time ago.

Richard

Archived