Hello, I'm a Mac

Telarin

Sorry, I saw this on google today and just couldn't resist posting it because those commercials REALLY annoy me...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/pcs/news/200...re-Than-A-PC/p1

look, who's talking. Norton security software by itself is a complete disaster... And I have not seen Mac as being part of botnet, wormsender or hijeked-by-native browser.

probably you need to consult your doctor, if commercial REALLY can annoy you. Go, feed ducks in the park, for a change.

...probably you need to consult your doctor, if commercial REALLY can annoy you. Go, feed ducks in the park, for a change.
Maybe the antidote for smug self-congratulatory Mac propaganda is eWEEK Mac Security Special Report. Personally, I only feed ducks I'm going to eat. Seems sort of disrespectful otherwise - Incisors + canines + molars = OMNIvore. Your dentition may vary. :D

those commercials REALLY annoy me...

Those are some of the funniest and best done commercials on TV. They are among the very few I actually enjoy watching. They are "truth-in-advertising" and quite clever.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a MAC user :)

Seafire

They are "truth-in-advertising"

You have not been following the provided links if you truely believe that. The whole point of the thread is that it is all marketing, not truth you are seeing.

Personally, I like the ads and think they are well done, but all advertising "extends" the truth a bit, just like politicians. They are never as good as they say and their opponent is never as bad, but there is truth to both parts.

• 3 weeks later...

Maddox posted a Mac rant recently too, which is pretty funny :D

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant [NFW]

Gotta say, I have been a Mac user for 25+ years. They work well for me, and have worked even better since the advent of OS X. I am not an idiot, nor am I stylish, skinny, fascist, or gay. I do not talk with my hands, and I do shut the f**k up about these matters for the most part, although I am sorely tempted to break the silence to suggest that Mr. Maddox should go do to himself what he offered to do to me in the 2nd paragraph of his important public message.

/rick/

Gotta say, I have been a Mac user for 25+ years. They work well for me, and have worked even better since the advent of OS X. I am not an idiot, nor am I stylish, skinny, fascist, or gay. I do not talk with my hands, and I do shut the f**k up about these matters for the most part, although I am sorely tempted to break the silence to suggest that Mr. Maddox should go do to himself what he offered to do to me in the 2nd paragraph of his important public message.

Actually, I recently got a Mac Mini running Mac OS X Tiger and I think it's absolutely fantastic. I have been a PC user all my life, since my parents bought one of the first IBM PC's to come on the market when I was just a toddler (no hard drive, only two 3.5" floppy drives). Macs are excellent machines that are extremely simple to use and for people who are novices, and I personally like the interface - even though I barely know how to use them, it's very simple to get to know fast. So far, I have been able to use my Mac w/o purchasing any software, and especially the fact that you don't need any real security software is very desirable, and I have spoken to many PC to Mac converts who simply switched because of the overwhelming amount of spy/mal/adware they were unable to deal with.

Sure, the Mac vs PC debate will never end, but I think most everyone will agree that they both have their pros and cons.

Anyway, don't mind Maddox too much. His style of comedy is to rant and rave on just about every topic you can imagine. :)

Archived