ISP Account 'lost' ..????

Wazoo

Brought here from a PM;

Hi Wazoo,

I represent an email marketing company which is in charge of sending mails for our customers. We have many IP addresses and since last week we don't receive email alerts anymore from Spamcop (example: [spamCop (ht tp://tr.b 163. net/ret.aspx?id=ABCD07Z0020) id:287548]Promo . On this email alert received, we click on spamcop link to be directly connected to Abuse report response center). We've lost account & password so I would like to create an new one and specify my IP addresses. But I can only put a complain. Could you help me.

Thank you very much

Best regards

There is simply no way I'm gong to make a visit to a URL like that (and broken further in this post to prevent amyon else accidentally following it)

"Lost account and password" seems a bit extreme, considering that the 'account' is based on an e-mail address.

"can only put a complain' seems to suggest that a 'Reporting Account' was then generated.

The SpamCop FAQ as linked to from the top of this very page has entries that seem to address almost all of your queries. My history with reporting to 163.net over the years has not been a happy one, and the oddities in your query, along with insufficient data / access to background forces me to pretty much leave this as the answer for now.

Why are there so many different account names/passwords needed?

Account Types

ISP Account

Passsword Problems

How can I get SpamCop reports about my network?

Additional data on ISP Accounts, Why can't I get more (actual) data?

PM sent to point user to 'here'

Hi,

I'm an ISP. We send lot of mails. Since 2 weeks, we don't receive alerts by email anymore. These alerts look like:

[ SpamCop V630 ]

This message is brief for your comfort. Please use links below for details.

Spamvertised web site: ht tp://ww w.ww w.ww w/page.aspx?id=99

h ttp://ww w.spamcop. net/w3m?i=76eed76dddddddddz

ht tp://ww w.ww w.www/page.aspx?id=99 is 10.10.10.10; Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:55:14 GMT

[ Offending message ]

"From - Wed Mar 21 15:20:44 2007

"

X-Account-Key: account20

X-UIDL: 1174484960.12645.ns36889.ovh.net,S=4388

X-Mozilla-Status: 0001

X-Mozilla-Status2: 10000000

We are unable to respond to these alerts actually. how can I do?

Regards

Modrator Edit: User decided to offer up munged URLs .. I broke then to prevent the futile attempts by some to try to follow them.

Hi,We are unable to respond to these alerts actually. how can I do?

Personally, I'm pretty confused. My PM to you pointed directly to this Topic. Yet, you made no note of reading 'here' ... rather creating a 'new' Topic, leaving out/changing the background data. Sorry, that won't fly .... merged your 'new' Topc into the one created from your PM, as it is definitely the same 'subject' ...

We've lost account & password so I would like to create an new one and specify my IP addresses. But I can only put a complain. Could you help me.

Query correctly posted into the Forum .. found at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8115

Willing to take hits on why this might not have been understood ...????

User posts from a French IP address, registered with a French e-mail address, but (originally) wants to talk about a 163.net item, which is definitely in China space. As much as I'd like to go with that there is a language issue involved, having to struggle with that there's a whole lot more to the story which is not being brought forward.

How can I contact a SpamCop representative?

Scroll down to "Other reasons for contact" ..

Archived