Outlook applications

mrmaxx

Now that SpamDeputy is gone, what's the best tool to use to show the whole of a message, including headers, in Outlook 2007?

Now that SpamDeputy is gone, what's the best tool to use to show the whole of a message, including headers, in Outlook 2007?

In Outlook 2003 I select more than one message and forward, it does a forward as attachment which I send to SpamCop all the time and report without problem. I just tested from a co-workers 2007 version and it works the same.

If I have only one spam to report, I just select 2 then delete the non-spam attachment before sending. Otherwise, the default forward is in-line.

P.S. You can change the default as well, though I have never looked at those headers to see if they are complete.

P.P.S. This is using Outlook with our Exchange server or using SpamCop's IMAP server.

...If I have only one spam to report, I just select 2 then delete the non-spam attachment before sending. Otherwise, the default forward is in-line. ...
(Outlook 2003 also, assuming 2007 'similar') Heh, just realized the 'Insert File' or paperclip icon when composing a new message has the dropdown button for a reason. 'File' has priority but 'Item ...' is also an option and that presents the 'Look in' display of mail folders with 'Inbox' the initial selection and an expanded view of contents. Any other folder can be selected (doesn't seem a way to change focus from 'Inbox' for subsequent sessions) and single (or multiple) spam can be selected for attachment from there.

So, another way (either single or multiple selection) is just to hit the "New Mail Message" button, paste in or auto-complete enter the submission address then attach spam(s) through the dropdown arrow of the paperclip 'Insert File' icon group to select 'Item ...' then the mail folder where they are (multiple selection of mail/spam items allowed using Shift or Ctrl keys and mouse click or cursor keys).

This may be detailed in the FAQ/Wiki somewhere but can't recall it if it is (as said, just stumbled across it after 5 years).

So, another way (either single or multiple selection) is just to hit the "New Mail Message" button, paste in or auto-complete enter the submission address then attach spam(s) through the dropdown arrow of the paperclip 'Insert File' icon group to select 'Item ...' then the mail folder where they are (multiple selection of mail/spam items allowed using Shift or Ctrl keys and mouse click or cursor keys).

Well, if I'm going to do that, it's just easier to create a new message and then drag the offending message(s) to the new message... :) Still, I'd rather have a single-click method using something similar to SpamDeputy.

...Well, if I'm going to do that, it's just easier to create a new message and then drag the offending message(s) to the new message... :) Still, I'd rather have a single-click method using something similar to SpamDeputy.
:lol: Of course. On the installation I use with Outlook (on a LAN, not sure of the setup) that tends to be be a bit baulky so I'm not in the habit of using it, thanks for the reminder. Yes, keep looking/asking for a better way but for bulk submissions the new message way ain't too bad - and the official FAQ doesn't specifically mention it as an option so it's been worth discussing, I think.

This may be detailed in the FAQ/Wiki somewhere but can't recall it if it is (as said, just stumbled across it after 5 years).

None of this is to be found in the Official/Original FAQ at http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/122.html Titled / filed under;

How do I get my email program to reveal the full, unmodified email? : Microsoft products :

Microsoft Outlook (all versions)

The last update on Outlook dealt with the Registry hack for Outlook 2003.

It seems to me that I added a bunch of stuff under the KnowledgeBase tool that didn't make the transition from the version 2.0.x to the 2.1.x version of this Forum applications.

Nothing added into the How to use .. Reporting .. Tutorials section here for Outlook.

The Get Full Headers Wiki page is basically a reformat of the Official/Original hypertext pages.

Looks like more work needed.

Archived