spam Source web archive?

lzachs

Is this sort of information of a site of use for your spamfighting.
Hello and welcome, Lisbeth.

This looks like someone's independent compilation of spam messages. Probably not of much use to SpamCop unless the person who compiled it also reported these messages to SpamCop (via web interface or e-mail forwarding) within 48 hours of receiving them. SpamCop depends upon spam submitted directly (and quickly) by its users, or by spam delivered to secret addresses that only spammers would collect and use. This helps keep the service accurate in real time.

-- rick

looks like someone's independent compilation of spam messages.

Thanks Rich,

Sounds plausible. My recieved spam (about Photo bucket) seemed to originate from <http://mail-archive.ow2.org> and then discovering so many obvious spam messages in the archive I got suspicious. :-) Noted the spam itself too late for a report and therefor search a bit myself.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg

Trying to carefully observe where things come from I ended up on the mail archive above. Is this sort of information of a site of use for your spamfighting.

This is a web-based archive of a specific mailing-list ... see http://mail.ow2.org/wws/lists/ow2 for the list of available mailing-lists dedicated to OW2 stuff. Apparently, all that's been posted/submitted to this 'webmaster' mailing-list thus far this year has been spam. As rconner uggests, it would be up to that maiing-list manager to submit those to the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting system if desired.

Please see the Announcement entry about "display names" and/or the Forum FAQ about your displayed name on this Forum.

Thanks Rich,

Sounds plausible. My recieved spam (about Photo bucket) seemed to originate from <http://mail-archive.ow2.org> and then discovering so many obvious spam messages in the archive I got suspicious. :-) Noted the spam itself too late for a report and therefor search a bit myself.

Your spam came from a machine at an IP address controlled by a spammer. At least, that is the way that SpamCop looks at the matter. This information resides in the header of the e-mail, which you normally do not see. In general, you aren't going to find anything in the body of the message that will let you trace the source of spam, because nothing in the body is trustworthy (i.e., it can all be made up by the spammer). So, if you concluded that the spam came from ow2.org based on what you might have seen in the body, you may have to rethink.

-- rick

Please see the Announcement entry about "display names" and/or the Forum FAQ about your displayed name on this Forum.

I noticed that at the posting but I have been unable to find out how to change it. It is not my "good" email address so I figured out I had to live with it. But if someone can point me in the right direction on how to alter it to just _lzachs_ I´ll be grateful.

Never mind now. I eventually did find information in FAQ sector and hope I asked the Admin nicely enough to make the alteration. :-)

Lisbeth in Gothenburg

Archived