APNIC whois lookup totally broken

iixii

Please see this spam report.

The lookup of the message source IP 203.153.52.142 at whois.apnic.net is totally messed up. It says it's "Getting contact from whois.apnic.net mirror", so I suppose that the mirror is broken and needs to be fixed.

The problem is that it returns the default contacts for the APNIC registry itself, abuse[at]apnic.net and spam[at]apnic.net, and then Spamcop (understandably) says "I refuse to bother xyz".

A direct lookup at whois.apnic.net returns:

inetnum: 203.153.52.0 - 203.153.55.255

netname: NOVANET-IN

e-mail: noc[at]novanet.net

Searching the forum, I found this thread:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9962

where Don claims it has been fixed, but it doesn't seem to be...

[changed spam report link to www. (so we can see it)]

Yep, agree with your abuse address in Mumbai - can you email Don - service[at]admin.spamcop.net (in case he doesn't look in for a while)? If the mirror is broken he needs to know + he can over-ride that address for the 203.153.52.0 - 203.153.55.255 block.

The lookup of the message source IP 203.153.52.142 at whois.apnic.net is totally messed up. It says it's "Getting contact from whois.apnic.net mirror", so I suppose that the mirror is broken and needs to be fixed.

Agreed. But action needs to be taken by folks elsewhere, just as Farelf states.

Searching the forum, I found this thread:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9962

where Don claims it has been fixed, but it doesn't seem to be...

Actually, the words Don used would indicate that he manually made a change to the database, However, noting tha looking at that Tracking URL, the current listed target doesn't match his override data.

EDIT: what happens when I start a Reply, but get waylaid by handling someone else's issues on the telephone before finishing the post. Oh well ....

Archived