Spamcop not filtering?

Hello,

About a week ago I started receiving tons of emails using my Spamcop address. Spammers have been using it for more than a year but it was always filtered. This is no longer the case.

Today I started receiving spam from other sources also.

Why isn't my mail being filtered?

...About a week ago I started receiving tons of emails using my Spamcop address. Spammers have been using it for more than a year but it was always filtered. This is no longer the case.
Haven't inadvertently whitlisted yourself, have you?
...Today I started receiving spam from other sources also. ...
What other sources? Are you forwarding from other accounts to the SC one? Just unsure of meaning is all.

Why isn't my mail being filtered?

Why do I get to keep movubg misplaced Posts/Topics? The following seems to have been totally ignored when selecting a place to ask the question:

How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials

System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option .... Questions still needed to be asked about How to use/do something are to be posted into that function's Forum section.

Subforums: SpamCop Forum, SpamCop Reporting, SpamCop Filtered E-Mail Account, SpamCop Report data, Research Tools, etc.

So moving this Topic to the Forum section set aside for questions and issues about/of the SpamCop.net e-mail System & Accounts with this post.

It's also a bit hard not to go ahead and merge this Topic into one of the already existing (one not that old) Topics/Discussions about the same subject.

Data missing from query, such as a Tracking URL so that someone choosing to try to help could see the headers involved, what data you have looked at and found no explanation for, such as the Disposition line including "whitelist" .. on and on ....

Why do I get to keep movubg misplaced Posts/Topics? The following seems to have been totally ignored when selecting a place to ask the question:

How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials

System parts & Functions not fully explained under an existing Help menu / option .... Questions still needed to be asked about How to use/do something are to be posted into that function's Forum section.

Subforums: SpamCop Forum, SpamCop Reporting, SpamCop Filtered E-Mail Account, SpamCop Report data, Research Tools, etc.

So moving this Topic to the Forum section set aside for questions and issues about/of the SpamCop.net e-mail System & Accounts with this post.

It's also a bit hard not to go ahead and merge this Topic into one of the already existing (one not that old) Topics/Discussions about the same subject.

I tried to find any prior information related to what was happening to me and I couldn't. I have been a Spamcop member for years and the Help forums have always been a source of frustration. Looking or getting information is almost impossible if you don't have hours to spend looking for an answer.

Data missing from query, such as a Tracking URL so that someone choosing to try to help could see the headers involved, what data you have looked at and found no explanation for, such as the Disposition line including "whitelist" .. on and on ....

I can post A tracking URL, here it is.

Received: from imta20.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net ([76.96.30.23])

by sccrmxc13.comcast.net (sccrmxc13) with ESMTP

id <20090118125506s1300il45ke>; Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:55:06 +0000

X-Originating-IP: [76.96.30.23]

Received: from c60.cesmail.net ([216.154.195.49])

by IMTA20.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net with comcast

id 50v51b01914RHRk0L0v6GC; Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:55:06 +0000

X-CAA-spam: 120

X-Authority-Analysis: v=1.0 c=1 p=IZar6ijIn9-SpP4D3lcA:9

a=upbZMmqbVonz4WkoOWOOig==:17 a=SSmOFEACAAAA:8 a=ZTNtPTlFAAAA:8

a=KuabCpougunjkX4REsAA:7 a=U7npzx6CFjnsdOgk4WOudSmRuEcA:4 a=AfD3MYMu9mQA:10

a=xa7Te_jJTAiWRz4E:21 a=tIq4GZxZMxR0vOfj:21

Received: from unknown (HELO filter7.cesmail.net) ([192.168.1.217])

by c60.cesmail.net with SMTP; 18 Jan 2009 07:55:04 -0500

Received: (qmail 27394 invoked by uid 1010); 18 Jan 2009 12:55:05 -0000

Date: 18 Jan 2009 12:55:05 -0000

Message-ID: <20090118125505.27393.qmail[at]filter7.cesmail.net>

Delivered-To: spamcop-net-pumpkin[at]spamcop.net

Received: (qmail 27382 invoked from network); 18 Jan 2009 12:55:04 -0000

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.4 (2008-01-01) on filter7

X-spam-Level: *********

X-spam-Status: hits=9.5 tests=HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR,HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_20,

HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_SHORT_LINK_IMG_3,MIME_HTML_ONLY,MISSING_DATE,MISSING_MID,

RDNS_DYNAMIC,URIBL_SBL version=3.2.4

Received: from unknown (192.168.1.86)

by filter7.cesmail.net with QMQP; 18 Jan 2009 12:55:04 -0000

Received: from host224.190-31-235.telecom.net.ar (HELO host3.190-31-240.telecom.net.ar) (190.31.235.224)

by mxin2.cesmail.net with SMTP; 18 Jan 2009 12:26:35 -0000

To: <pumpkin[at]spamcop.net>

Subject: The wildest ever bedroom experience

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/html

X-SpamCop-Checked:

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked SpamAssassin=9

X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: pumpkin[at]spamcop.net

X-NAS-BWL: No match found for 'pumpkin[at]spamcop.net' (110 addresses, 0 domains)

X-NAS-Bayes: #0: 0.0392121; #1: 0.960788

X-NAS-Classification: 0

X-NAS-MessageID: 337

X-NAS-Validation: {4C4151BD-AD5F-40E6-9037-C11CCBD75161}

Admin note: Body of spam removed, as it was certainly not needed for this Discussion.

I can post A tracking URL, here it is.

The data provided is nothing like a Tracking URL, also noting the lack of any credible editing of the quoted material, addressed within the Forum FAQ. As described in the SpamCop FAQ, the SpamCop WIki, and countless numbers of previous posts, the Parsing Result page displays at it's top ....

SpamCop v 2 Copyright � 1998-2006, IronPort Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z2514592066z0...b588f424490203z

Notice that posting the Tracking URL includes only that one line of data, much in contrast to your provided entire spam in its broken condition here.

X-SpamCop-Checked:

X-SpamCop-Disposition: Blocked SpamAssassin=9

X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: <elided for this post>[at]spamcop.net

These are the lines that everyone has been asking about, suggesting that "you" look at.

Yes, you have white-listed yourself, which over-rode the SpamAssassin 'block.'

I tried to find any prior information related to what was happening to me and I couldn't. I have been a Spamcop member for years and the Help forums have always been a source of frustration. Looking or getting information is almost impossible if you don't have hours to spend looking for an answer.

It was only when I was going to edit your massive over-quoting that I noticed that you actually included a bit of a response that was 'showing' as allegedly 'from' me ..... corrected and split things out in the above ...

Although I certainly won't argue about the black art of 'searching' for just the right stuff, some of your arguement loses wind very quickly. Fiest of all, your query dealt with use and functions of the SpamCop e-mail System & Accounts .. you were requesting help. Logically then, the Forum section titled and described as 'that' place would have been the more obvious choice;

SpamCop Email System & Accounts

A forum for questions and discussion about the SpamCop Email System and spamcop.net email accounts. Questions about spam reporting should generally be directed to the appropriate forum, not this one.

Going into that Forum section, scrolling down past the Pinnd items, (you have read those one would hope) one see titles of current/recent Topics that cover much of the same ground, such as;

[Resolved] Personal Blacklist - issue

spamassasin blocks messages from whitelist

spam that shows my own address

[at]spamcop.net ... spammers back door

How do I manage spam that claims to come from my own spamcop webmail account?

Sorry, but I fail to see the "can't find anything" type of an issue, even without trying to use a 'search' function. Sure, I'll agree that the words used by other users don't match your words 100%, but I don't think there's that much of a stretch involved in guessing that a couple of these relate directly to your actual question.

When's the last time you checked the SpamCop Email System News page? Note the announcement there of;

Dec 9, 2008

[08:01 EST] Lots of users have their own email address in their personal whitelist. This is a problem because spammers often send you spam that is forged with your own email address as the return address. Please make sure that you don't have your own email address on your personal whitelist because if it is, this spam will be whitelisted and delivered to your inbox.

It sure isn't like this data has been buried at all.?????

...I tried to find any prior information related to what was happening to me and I couldn't. I have been a Spamcop member for years and the Help forums have always been a source of frustration. Looking or getting information is almost impossible if you don't have hours to spend looking for an answer. ...
But ... we've been here before

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=61836

To review your previous posts, click on "My Assistant" (below and to the right of

------>------> Latest and Current Announcements <------<------

in the page header) and select "My last 10 posts". Clicking on "Post Preview: #(number)" (underneath each post) brings up the whole topic. If you recall it's happened to you before that is a fairly easy way to go back and see the detail.

HTH

So, pumpkin, just to be 100% clear....you should immediately remove your own "spamcop.net" address from your personal whitelist. That's your problem, and you had to have done it yourself, even if inadvertently. There's a vast wealth of information here in the forums...sorry that you find it challenging to utilize.

DT

Archived