webmail services with spamcop filtering

dubb

Your question isn't clear, at least not to me. Start over and be more specific, please. For example, do you already have a "spamcop.net" email account, perhaps? Or are you looking for a free email account with a provider that uses SpamAssassin and where you can see the headers, including the SA score?

DT

Are you talking about mail that has already been passed through SpamAssassin, and you just want to see the score, or are you looking for a webmail service that will actually run SpamAssassin on your incoming mail?

I am looking for a webmail service that runs spamassasin for the emails it receives and will sort them into a bulk folder if the score is to high. If possible. I want to set the score cap. I do not have my own mailing server and do not have a spamcop.net account.

I am looking for a webmail service that runs spamassasin for the emails it receives and will sort them into a bulk folder if the score is to high. If possible. I want to set the score cap. I do not have my own mailing server and do not have a spamcop.net account.

Well, for one, SpamCop's paid service will do this. It has a webmail facility, and you can view and report your held messages from there.

-- rick

You haven't stated your purpose in finding this free email service with spamassassin. Many of the people here either have their own servers or use the spamcop email service - though there are a few end users who report to spamcop altruistically.

There might be other strategies to accomplish your purpose. For instance, sneakemail used to be very popular, but would not work if you were intending to forward email from a spammy address since spam only comes to a particular email address. I had a very spammy email address forward to a hotmail account. Almost no spam gets there. However, it disappears rather than going to the junk mail folder - though that might be because I have the junk mail folder turned off.

So it depends on your purpose whether finding a free email account with spamassassin is your best strategy.

Miss Betsy

You haven't stated your purpose in finding this free email service with spamassassin. ...... There might be other strategies to accomplish your purpose. ..... So it depends on your purpose whether finding a free email account with spamassassin is your best strategy.

Reading that, looking at the starting post, it's not hard to make a possible connection to Software Development Life Cycle principles for spam .... i.e., the need is for some kind of 'easy' verification of the spam scoring of a crafted e-mail, where most 'real' spammers would already have their own systems/e-mail server set-up in-house to do their own testing without the need to alert/inform anyone else of their experiments. But, I'm sure that I'm off on some imaginary tangent.

The majority of big-name free e-mail providers have their own spam filter/management tool-sets. Even if SpamAssissin was part of that mix, whether they'd include that data in the resulting output is up in the air. As Miss Betsy and others have pouted out here and elsewhere, the unfortunate realities of the day are that 'bad' e-mail is shuttled of to somewhere else, in a lot of cases, that means deleted/dropped.

The majority of big-name free e-mail providers have their own spam filter/management tool-sets. Even if SpamAssissin was part of that mix, whether they'd include that data in the resulting output is up in the air.
Indeed. One of the allegations in the e360/Linhardt suit against Comcast was that Comcast wouldn't be nice and share their spam filtering tactics with him so that he could figure out how to dodge them.

-- rick

As a postscript, I see that www.e360insight.com got "parked" (tho' not actually 404) sometime between today and Google's cache on the 5th last week.

Archived