Get Your Obama Stimulus Check

Lking

Obama Stimulus Check for $613.27 URL .

Looking at the "requirement" and we will all recognize the scam in this spam.

3) Complete the following reward offers: 2 Silver,2 Gold, and 6 Platinum offers(Available reward offers will vary. Some reward offers require a purchase. Credit card offers may require you to activate the card by making a purchase, transferring a balance or taking a cash advance. Click on the following links to go directly to the reward offer pages:Silver,Gold, Platinum);

Obama Stimulus Check for $613.27 URL .

Looking at the "requirement" and we will all recognize the scam in this spam.

Looks like the stuff that MailCompanyX was doing a few years back.

I see that the web host named in the spam is still online, in Cox network space. The block seems to have been signed over to a "Lansing Technology Corporation" in Las Vegas (see ARIN). The mail source is in the same block. The Lansing Technology website claims to sell computer memory, but all their links redirect to another company. They don't Google, either.

-- rick

I see that the web host named in the spam is still online, in Cox network space.

And per a recent exchange with Cox, they are not all that "eager" to understand when their IP space is being used to host spamvertized sites.

"Thank you for contacting the Cox Communications Abuse Department. Unfortunately, the information you have supplied does not meet the criteria necessary for investigation. Specifically, no Cox Communications ip addresses were found in your email. If you feel this message is in error, please reply directly to this email."

I had specifically pointed out that the domain in question resolved to an IP address (and only one, no bouncng around on this one) in their IP space.

Does seem they were single minded about their intent. Only took them 44 hours (18 Feb 2009 13:55:14 -0500 (EST)) to get the spam out.

Domain Name:CANDLENEATHPOWER.INFO

Created On:16-Feb-2009 17:49:15 UTC

Last Updated On:16-Feb-2009 18:03:54 UTC

Expiration Date:16-Feb-2010 17:49:15 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R126-LRMS)

Registrant ID:7daddc415e8

Registrant Name:MM Media MM Media

Registrant Organization:MM Media

Registrant Street1:1341 Fullerton Ave

Registrant City:Chicago

Registrant State/Province:IL

Registrant Postal Code:60614

I remember seeing eNom high on KnujOn's list of domain resellers that have lots of spamvertized sites.

To bad about Cox.

Archived