VER held mail dates do not make any sense

The following was copied and pasted from the VER interface of my Held Mail:

[45420] d.biello[at]accademiadelmobile.it (751358220 C-A-N-A-D-l-A-N P-H-A-R-M-A-C-Y Preview )

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:46:42 -0480 (Blocked SpamAssassin=29)

[45421] teeq[at]bradleyinsurance.net (Nights full of love and pleasure! Preview )

Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:37:21 -0800 (Blocked SpamAssassin=9)

[45422] susannex[at]shawcable.net (=?windows-1251?B?Q29uZmlybSB5b3VyIG9yZGVy?= Preview )

Tue, 24 Mar 3610 21:59:18 +0100 (Blocked SpamAssassin=39)

[45423] conservationistqec5[at]ozant.com (Chopard Mille watch promotional prices only Preview )

Dates have been bolded to make them stand out

When I selected them for full reporting and send to trash the following error message was received

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, your request could not be processed.

Not sure if this is an email forum issue or a reporting forum issue as VER is only available to email users

Not sure if this is an email forum issue or a reporting forum issue as VER is only available to email users

I'd stuck with it being an e-mail issue for now, as the data involved does come from the e-mail server. Now the catch is, can you retrieve any of them from the Trash Folder so as to see what the actual e-mail header/content looked like?

And yes, I'm trying to ignoe the possibility that the ages-old hack for this hasn't been totally hosed bu the Parsing System upgrade .. the comments about finding busted code there hopefully just being a small side issue.

We're still having problems with reporting from the Held Mail folder when logged into the reporting side.

The engineers are on it and an emergency fix is planned. I don't know if that means daylight hours on Saturday, or if we have to wait until Monday.

Hope springs eternal.

Also... I'm not seeing any goofy dates on the spams. Maybe you got some spams that were designed to sort a certain way in your Inbox or something.

- Don D'Guesser - SpamCop Admin -

I've seen plenty of the + 1601 year dates before (=3610). Mail clients would usually display those as Dec 1976 dates currently (something to do with the 'Unix date'), which is all most people see. The headers display the actual 'written' date in 3610. Google something like spam Nov 1976 or spam Dec 1976 and you should find some sightings going back to February or so. Those I've seen are pretty much + 1601 years exactly (give or take a day or so), so Tue, 24 Mar 3610 ~ Tue 24 Mar 2009 nominal sending date. There was even a thread in the SC newsgroups about it. Just one little piece of the puzzle.

[On edit: 24 Mar 3610 is a Wednesday of course - another 'giveaway' as to the bogosity of that line]

Archived