[Resolved] Mailhosts setting question with Courier wildcard aliases function

I use courier as my mail server, and using part of it's aliases function, quiet like gmail style,

here is a example,

I set up a mail account "myname[at]myserver.somewhere",

all mail send to "myname-<wildcard>[at]myserver.somewhere" will go to "myname[at]myserver.somewhere",

Courier aliases explanation can be found here

http://www.usenet-forums.com/courier-imap/...like-gmail.html

Gmail aliases explanation can be found here

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer....mp;answer=12096

how do I set up Mailhosts for this situation?

does only set up "myname[at]myserver.somewhere" do the work?

or I have to set up all "myname-<blablabla>[at]myserver.somewhere"?

Hi, AndCycle!

...As far as I know, you don't have to worry about your "special situation," the MailHosts registration process should not have a problem with it. As I understand it, the only tricky situations arise with internal handoffs and e-mail forwarding from one domain to another. Your forwarding is done all within the "myserver.somewhere" domain.

...Good luck! Please let us know how your MailHosts registration goes by posting follow-ups here in this "thread."

I have set up my first mailhost "andcycle[at]andcycle.idv.tw" as root,

I am a registered user at sourceforge, sf forward mail to "andcycle-sf[at]andcycle.idv.tw",

so I set up my second mailhost "andcycle[at]users.sourceforge.net",

this is my setup

<snip>

I am a registered user at sourceforge, sf forward mail to "andcycle-sf[at]andcycle.idv.tw",

so I set up my second mailhost "andcycle[at]users.sourceforge.net",

<snip>

...Umm, well, this is a bit different from your original note, which to me appeared to indicate both of your e-mail addresses were at the same domain ("myserver.somewhere," in your example):
<snip>

I set up a mail account "myname[at]myserver.somewhere",

all mail send to "myname-<wildcard>[at]myserver.somewhere" will go to "myname[at]myserver.somewhere",

<snip>

...Please read all the "MailHost" topics in the "Important Topics" section of this "Mailhost Configuration of your Reporting Account" Forum (I moved your post here from its original location, the "SpamCop Reporting Help" Forum, as it seems a better fit here) to be sure you are setting up your MailHosts configuration correctly. Which e-mail account you start with is important! You may have to delete your current MailHosts configuration and start again (I'm not sure).

You'll need to configure a host for *all* the providers you receive mail through.

That would include any webmail hosts, such as Yahoo, HotMail, or gMail, and forwarding services like Bigfoot or Sneakemail, and any other services that provide you an email address, such as alumni associations or professional associations (SourceForge).

SpamCop doesn't care about the email addresses. It only wants to know who provides your email services. You only need to register one email address per host.

If you have addresses that are forwarded to other accounts you have, you should register the destination address first. Then register the other services that provide the forwarding. By "destination" address I mean the account where the email stops so you can read it or download it. Register it first and then work your way back through the various forwards.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Archived