/dev/null'ing report for mole@devnull.spamcop.net

onjoe

He makes very small that I know spamcop and have a doubt.

I am a user registered of the type " only to bring(report) spam " (free).

He sent spam and I receive the confirmation that has been accepted, inside the acceptance I receive a link to finish the report,

I visit this link and do clic in " send spam report (s) now " and I see in the Web "/dev/null'ing report for mole[at]devnull.spamcop.net " this is a failure? Or the report to been sent?.

Other one asks that I do to myself is if on having done this spamcop it works with these reports and sends the e-mails to the administrators to fight against these spammers.

To excuse for my ignorance, but my English language is not very good.

Hello, onjoe!

He makes very small that I know spamcop and have a doubt.

I am a user registered of the type " only to bring(report) spam " (free).

He sent spam and I receive the confirmation that has been accepted, inside the acceptance I receive a link to finish the report,

I visit this link and do clic in " send spam report (s) now " and I see in the Web "/dev/null'ing report for mole[at]devnull.spamcop.net " this is a failure? Or the report to been sent?.

Other one asks that I do to myself is if on having done this spamcop it works with these reports and sends the e-mails to the administrators to fight against these spammers.

To excuse for my ignorance, but my English language is not very good.

...It looks like you used one of the translation tools available on the net. It did fairly well -- at least well enough that I think I can understand what you are asking. :D

...Please check SpamCop FAQ: What is "mole" reporting?. If you do not wish to be a "mole," please check [sC-Help] Re: I seem to be a mole, even though I don't want to be one!.

...If after reading these you still have a question, please do come back here to enter a follow-up question.

...Good luck!

;)

I am having the same problem, however, I have had to create a new account 3 times this week because I keep having problem logging on to report spam. I used Windows washer, which deleted all my cookies, and when I tried to report spam, I had an error message. So I created a new account, and was using it with no problems. When I tried to report spam this morning (I get quite frustrated with the 20 spams I receive overnight) and again I got an error message. SO I created another account, and now I am a mole again! It is quite frustrating and now I worry that if I create a new account again, I might look suspicious. What do you think? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

K

;)

I am having the same problem, however, I have had to create a new account 3 times this week because I keep having problem logging on to report spam.  I used Windows washer, which deleted all my cookies, and when I tried to report spam, I had an error message.  So I created a new account, and was using it with no problems.  When I tried to report spam this morning (I get quite frustrated with the 20 spams I receive overnight) and again I got an error message.  SO I created another account, and now I am a mole again!  It is quite frustrating and now I worry that if I create a new account again, I might look suspicious.  What do you think?  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!  :)

K

Hi, MyAslan!

...You may not need to register under a new address. Try this: Don's Response to "question, does it work?". Please let us know if that worked!

I see in the Web "/dev/null'ing report for mole[at]devnull.spamcop.net " this is a failure? Or the report to been sent?.

No report has been sent. But it is not a failure.

"mole" submissions add to the blocklist. The blocklist is used by people to block spam. So a mole report helps people stop spam. Reports are not sent to the administrators unless they ask for them.

Some administrators send the reports to the spammer. The spammer then learns how to send more spam. That's why some people prefer to be "mole" reporters. If a good administrator gets on the blocklist, then he will fix the problem. There are not very many good administrators who get on the blocklist.

Hope that translates for you. If you don't understand, try again (say what language you speak).

Miss Betsy

yeah, maybe I can help translate, I speak a few languages...(none of them very good), but as my father says, you gotta, else if you forget your mother's tongue, you'll have to use barking...No kidding, what language? Je parle francaise et plusieurs langues... B)

Archived