Mailhost reporting with many domain alias

I have reported my server IP, but my server is using many domain alias and when reported some of them, they are ignored. I think this is correct, but I don't want my server listed in DNSbl, so I prefeer to ask just in case.

Example:

My MX server name is mail.mainserver.com with IP 101.102.103.001

Now, I have about 100 domains over this server configured as mail.somedomain.com with the same IP 101.102.103.001.

If I report to Mailhost some of my email addresses at any of this domains, spamcop detects ever mail.mainserver.com, and this is the only server added to the Mailhosts with my Spamcop email address.

(No new servername or email addresses added)

The reverse resolution is valid only for main domain, i.e.

dig 001.103.102.101.in-addr.arpa ptr resolves to mail.mainserver.com

The server EHLO is also mail.mainserver.com

So, if I receive a spam in me[at]somedomain.com account, when repporting, the hedears ever show:

Received: from (spammer.smapcity.com [121.122.123.124])

by mail.mainserver.com (Postfix) with ESMTP...

Is this correct?

Can I report spam received in any domain alias of my main server?

Is this correct? Can I report spam received in any domain alias of my main server?
Yes, that is correct.

SpamCop doesn't care about the email addresses or domains. It only wants to know about the server(s) that handle your incoming email.

That would include any webmail hosts, such as Yahoo, HotMail, or gMail, and forwarding services like Bigfoot or Sneakemail, and any other services that provide you an email address, such as alumni associations or professional associations.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

SpamCop is concerned about the servers used to "send" mail. Generally if you are using the same server to handle multiple domains, SpamCop will only register the one server and that should be fine. If you have registered more than ,and SpamCop continues to list only one, you should be fine. The best way to check is to submit email from one of the "servers" you have not registered and see how SpamCop handles it. Temporarily set up one unregistered address to forward to another unregistered address and that address to forward to a third address. Then take an email message that was sent to the first address and forwarded through the second and on to the third and submit it for reporting. Do not manually forward the message as that would be considered to be a new message. Review the results of the parse. If the message you sent was not spam, simply cancel the report, but if it was spam and the parse correctly identified the source of the spam (not your server) then go ahead and sent the reports.

See MailHostConfiguration for more information.

Edit: Don's post was not posted at the time I started writing this reply and I did not see it until after this was posted.

SpamCop doesn't care about the email addresses or domains. It only wants to know about the server(s) that handle your incoming email.
The key point here, which is why I used the term "send", is the headers that you incoming server adds when it "handles" or forwards (sends) a message on to another server.

Archived