Need to get off list of spamvertised websites

Loginname

Hi everyone,

I've recently started using the Web of Trust add on for firefox and lo and behold I find out the company I work for has a negative rating on there from Spamcop. Now, this surprised me since I've been a spamcop user for many years and wouldn't allow our site to spam anyone!

The question is, how can I get this removed from Web of Trust? Following is the line of information I'm referring to:

04/28/2009 SpamCop spam Appeared on an automatically composed list of spamvertised websites. (Low reliability)

Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

...Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated. ...
Perhaps your best bet would be to start with with SURBL - http://www.surbl.org/

SpamCop really only maintains bl.spamcop.net, a list of the IP address sources of spam mail. SURBL maintains lists of spamvertized sites (from several sources, including SC) as a separate deal. If your website(s) is/are actually listed there, on the basis of SC reports, I guess you need to find out where the SC notifications have been going (and why they have not passed these on to you and what those reports might be showing) - which notify address you can find by feeding the URL(s) into the parser form. From there, the question of Innocent Bystander status might be pursued with SC on submission to the deputies (How do Deputies respond to appeals? may be of relevance).

How long all of that might take to work through to the Web of Trust status, I have no idea. That would be a matter for your further research. Just some first thoughts on the matter ...

I've recently started using the Web of Trust add on for firefox

Funny ... uses the word "trust" describing a tool that offers a 'valuation' of someone else's "trust" .... yet doesn't offer any specific data in his/her query. Registration data turns out to be total crap. All "trust" from this side of the screen has been lost.

04/28/2009 SpamCop spam Appeared on an automatically composed list of spamvertised websites. (Low reliability)

As Farelf noted, SpamCop.net does not focus on web-site/URL listings. In fact, spending some time in the Reporting Help Forym section, one would note all the complaints about the lack of spamvertised site Reporting in so many cases. Further, also as noted, the listings of URLs that can be found on a specific statistics page has nothing to do with the SpamCopDNSBL. So with this post, this Topic is moved to the Lounge area.

from the reviews

WOT is what you make of it.

Who knows what 'low reliability' means? I don't have the time to download this add-on and find out what is going on. Sounds like a nanny to me - based on the opinions of a bunch of people I don't know anything about. While I have my doubts about McAfee, at least the bottom line there is known.

Have I gotten up to 'What life?' on this forum? Am I prejudiced to think that the contributors to this forum really 'think' about their answers? What kind of life do most of the 296 reviewers have? Sometime my curiosity is going to get me to 'twittter' and maybe I will find out.

Miss Betsy

Archived