How to report missed spam entirely on my Blackberry Curve

So some spam escapes into my inbox, instead of being in the Held folder. I figure its a high priority to get it reported sooner rather than later. After all it got by the spam filters right? Problem is, the Blackberry does not have 100% functional IMAP support, so I cannot use the 'inbox' tools to move the spam into the Held folder. Just isn't gonna happen.

So I crank up the Blackberry web browser and go to mail.spamcop.net. I log in to my mail, select the offender, then click on 'report as spam' and, well, it just sits there. So I assume the browser just isn't up to the job. It is a mobile phone after all. So I try selecting the mail and moving it into Held folder. Again, the browser just sits there like I didn't click anything.

So I downloaded/installed LogicMail. While it could see all the IMAP folders, it does not have the feature to move email into them.

So I go to mobile.spamcop.net There is no option to report spam there either. Nor is there a way to move an email into the Held folder.

So I say, fine, I'll try a different browser. I installed 'Opera Mini' onto my Curve and thought that'll fix 'em. Sure I'll be able to go to mail.spamcop.net and this time clicking 'report as spam' will work, as well as moving emails into the Held. But alas Opera laughs at me like I am a crazy man. It will not report my spams.

So.. how can I do this.. report the missed spam using tools only on my Blackberry Curve?

You don't actually describe the means of connection. So speaking from many levels of unknowns, I'll start with the somewhat common theme you describe in that some things 'almost' work, but there seems to be an issue with "two-way" communication. Are you connected to the web-site 'directly' or are you going through some kind of a proxy? Thoughts being that perhaps your service provider is caching things for you, to help some things seem/appear faster, but this cached system isn't actually providing a full two-way 'immediate' lnk between your handheld and the servers involved. For instance, did (can) you make your post here using your handheld? (Looking at not just HTML, but various scripting languages involved also.)

It does not look like Mobile WebMail has any option to move messages from one folder to another.

If you want to report spam using Mobile WebMail you will need to forward the message to your reporting address for full reporting.

Quick Reporting is an option, but you will need to configure Mailhosts and do full reporting with your blackberry for a while to make sure everything is working right

Then you can request that quick reporting be permitted for your account. Then you can forward the messages to your quick reporting address.

If you do not mind complicated, you could forward or redirect the messages back to an alias of your SpamCop address such as MyAddress+HeldMail[at]SpamCop.net.

You will also have to set up a rule to move all messages received from MyAddress+HeldMail[at]SpamCop.net to your HeldMail folder.

If you do not mind complicated, you could forward or redirect the messages back to an alias of your SpamCop address such as MyAddress+HeldMail[at]SpamCop.net.

You will also have to set up a rule to move all messages received from MyAddress+HeldMail[at]SpamCop.net to your HeldMail folder.

But be careful with this approach. It may add extra header information so could report yourself if your Mailhost isn't configured taking this approach into account.

I have seen the described issue on several mobile browsers and set ups. On one occasion the problem seemed to be the mobile device simply failed to pick up the refreshed IMAP box and the item was reported even though the item didn't appear to move on my device. I typically clear the spam finally on a regular PC/Mac and move on :)

Andrew

Archived