Filter for X-SpamCop-Disposition

Why is X-SpamCop-Disposition not available for filtering, while other result fields of filtering are available?

I'd like to separate the itemsl blocked by spamcop bl from those filtered by other blocklists. If another one was used, I want to get it on the spamcop list too.

Of course it may already be on the list, just that other filters were applied first.

(( BTW Why are other lists applied first? Especially SpamAssassin, which must be relatively expensive to run? ))

tx

Richard

Why is X-SpamCop-Disposition not available for filtering, while other result fields of filtering are available?

It is available as the:

For an incoming message that matches: Self-Defined Header: X-SpamCop-Disposition: Contains bl.spamcop.net

Do this:

Deliver to mailbox: X

BTW Why are other lists applied first? Especially SpamAssassin, which must be relatively expensive to run?

I believe the other lists are applied first with SA being applied after, but have no proof. Can you offer proof to the contrary? 376 ouot of my 477 messages held were held due to the bl.spamcop.net

Thanks Steve,

My radar didn't pick up that self defined header, it's great.

I have no way of knowing the order applied either, AFAIK. I tend to go by volumes as well, making the only conclusions I can.

Since SA catches a high percentage my spam, I infer it is not applied last. Not quite air tight logic, agreed <grin>.

I clear my held mail at least daily most of the time, so I don't have a decent sample now.

But I see a lot fewer spams blocked by spamcop than by other lists, sometimes I go for "** I'd say **" a hundred blocked emails without seeing a single one that was blocked by spamcop bl itself.

Maybe the admins tinker with things anyway, then any conclusions we draw would be even more screwy.

Archived