Domain Forgery Help

walidch

Hello,

www.crilebub.cn are forging my domain, the sender spam appears as my address.

Whenever I try to report their emails as spam through filling the spam reporting form on spamcop's site, I get the following error:

This header is incomplete. Please supply the full headers of the spam you're trying to report.

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

No tracking information found in header:

----- Original Message -----

Probably not full headers - see FAQ:

Email software FAQ

no header

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003, and I am collecting the header details through clicking on View then Options.

Also, can you please indicate a way to deal with domain forgery?

Thank you and have a nice day.

...I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003, and I am collecting the header details through clicking on View then Options.

Also, can you please indicate a way to deal with domain forgery?

So, you now have a reporting account and you are submitting spam through the 2-part Outlook/Eudora workaround form?? Using the correct form is important.

If you are using the 2-part form, are you able to retrieve a tracking URL when you attempt to report? That would be at the head of the page when the parser reports failure - looking like:

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z3232579138z3...b2bfeabf5c0fb9z

or, modify the address from the browser address bar:

http://members.spamcop.net/sc?id=z32325791...b2bfeabf5c0fb9z

(just change 'members' to 'www')

There is usually no way to prevent spammers from forging your email address (or any other). There might be exceptions but those would be unusual these days. It is usual for spammers to forge "sender:" and "reply-to:" names at random from their lists for a short while, then switch to others. Nobody with any sense or the slightest amount of knowledge believes those addresses are the real sender.

<snip>

Whenever I try to report their emails as spam through filling the spam reporting form on spamcop's site, I get the following error:

This header is incomplete. Please supply the full headers of the spam you're trying to report.

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

<snip>

...To see some possible reasons for the message, please paste a copy of the error message into the form field between the "buttons" labeled "Search for -->" and "GO" near the top of this (or nearly any other SpamCop Forum) page, then press one of the buttons, then view the messages to which links are provided.

...Another possible reason is that the spam was sent from another user of your e-mail provider, in which case you should not report the spam via SpamCop but rather directly to your e-mail provider.

The short answer is NO - there is no way to deal with domain forgery. As was said, no one on the internet who has any knowledge at all would think that these spam emails really come from your domain.

Sometimes I think that domain owners post disclaimers on their websites that spam coming from this domain is forged.

Miss Betsy

Archived