[Resolved] smtp.cesmail.net SSL certificate expired yesterday

Called JT, caught him home sick. However, he said he'd try to get the SSL cert issue taken care of today.

About 30 minutes I started getting failures trying to use SMTP.cesmail.net -- the server may be unavailable or refusing SMTP connections. Had been working fine up til then. Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

Ellen

About 30 minutes I started getting failures trying to use SMTP.cesmail.net -- the server may be unavailable or refusing SMTP connections. Had been working fine up til then. Anyone else seeing this?

Been quite busy with local folks today, so didn't see this till now. I don't 'see' the same issue/responses from here. I attempted to send a test message, it has 'left my machine' ... however, the e-mail has yet to be received at the other end. Telnet gets me to a responding relay system, so from thise side of the screen, 'receiving' incoming e-mail seems to be working, but there's no actual output to the rest of the world .. effect is the same, I guess, just comparing different descriptions of the problem.

One post over in the newsgroups, a follow-up here, so you are not alone.

Side issues: you've not changed your e-mail address here, still pointing to the Deputies address. Would you please update that data? (My Controls at the top of the screen)

It appears that you've not looked at a PM I sent way back when, you were asking for help networking a Mac.

I have still not had any reply from a human to my report of the problem

I'm guessing that I know what you meant, yet .... folks that keep calling me for support seem to think I'm (at least somewhat) human.

JT is an hour ahead of me and it's midnight here. I'll try another phone call tomorrow if it's still down. Just noting that though I've offered many times over the years, I've not been granted access to the e-mail servers, so just another user in this case.

It's not just you, Ellen. I am now seeing this too. Arrgh...

I have still not had any reply from a human to my report of the problem

it cleared up a while after I posted -- sorry I didn't ge t back last nite to say that

The SMTP server is working for me again (no certificate errors!), though is slow, as it has been for the past month or so. It wasn't slow in the past (seems to take a long time after connecting to finish the send.)

As for my "human" comment - as I noted earlier, I received an automated response from my email to the Spamcop support address with a ticket ID. I had assumed that someone would eventually look at that and write back to me with a resolution or investigation note or something. A week later and there has been nothing. It gave me the impression that the support ticket system has been abandoned. Reporting issues in this forum doesn't really seem to be useful either, since it appears that the support staff don't follow it.

Should I assume that the SMTP service is unsupported and just take my lumps if it goes south? I do have alternatives I can use, but I'd prefer to use Spamcop's service if I can.

All my daily emails since 10/17/2009 to service(at)admin.spamcop.net have been ignored. With the service which was returned this morning I also noticed it is still very slow. As a paid subscriber I sure feel neglected. With all the problems that I have seen it appears that Wazo needs to be given a more hands on control of the system.

I did cc Don on West Coast and I did get 2 or 3 replies from him. I knew the problem was out of his control but he did say he was also trying to get in touch with Jeff.

Again Cesmail service response needs to be vastly improved.

As a paid subscriber I sure feel neglected.

Again Cesmail service response needs to be vastly improved.

In case you were not aware, the SMTP service is still officially in beta mode (at least there has not been any official announcement), so you are not paying anything for it. I have it set on several machines, but do not use SSL and did not see the errors that have been happening.

The last word from JT through Wazoo from the pinned thread: "He goes on to state that there is more work to be done in the future that will then allow it to be moved into an "official part of the system" ..... Announcements will be made at that time."

Side issues: you've not changed your e-mail address here, still pointing to the Deputies address. Would you please update that data? (My Controls at the top of the screen)

It appears that you've not looked at a PM I sent way back when, you were asking for help networking a Mac.

PM'ed you

PM'ed you

And to demonstrate one of the issues with multiple accounts, I've answered that PM .. but all that traffic is over in your previous account. I believe I answered hat yesterday/last night???? Been wrapped up in fixing broken computers here today, so didn't see this till just now.

At the moment, you can still log into that account, use the PM system, but as you discovered, Posting isn't available for that account at present. As I ststed in a very round-about way I admit, you'll need a valid e-mail address (different than the one used for this 'new' account) in order to clear that up.

Archived