View HTML email

When using webmail, how do I enable the viewing of emails created in HTML format?

Most of the bulk emails I receive (to which I have voluntarily subscribed) are in HTML format. At the moment all I see is the html source code displayed as text.

I looked through webmail help and experimented with some of the options for showing HTML images. Couldn't find the right setting.

TIA

Andrew

I'm not a web-mail user, so I may be way off base. But, as the primary focus of the web-mail app is to handle e-mail in a more secure fashion and to aid in the reporting of certain e-mails as spam, I'm not entirely sure that viewing HTML encrusted e-mails in all their "glory" is a "normal" mode .... In addition, the last user I remember having this "discussion" actually was having his/her e-mail Forwarded by his/her ISP's account to SpamCop, which would have placed another set of header lines above those of the "newsletter" and the suggestion was that this "Forwarding" action added in the lines to treat all the following as "text" vice HTML. So the bottom line is that you're not missing data, it's still all present, just buried by being mixed in with all the colored fonts, fancy colors, jump in your face picture coding garbage ... any help???

When using webmail, how do I enable the viewing of emails created in HTML format?

Most of the bulk emails I receive (to which I have voluntarily subscribed) are in HTML format. At the moment all I see is the html source code displayed as text.

I looked through webmail help and experimented with some of the options for showing HTML images. Couldn't find the right setting.

TIA

Andrew

It is not possible to view the the emails in HTML format using the webmail interface. As Wazoo mentioned, the primary purpose of spamcop is to securely deal with spam. HTML format is a very insecure method of communications. Depending on how the message was created, there may be an attachment link showing that will allow you to view the message with the graphics.

I use this system to clean the spam and hold it in an area I can scan until I get home and POP it where my wife can read her HTML newsletters.

Yeah, I noticed one today where the headers got scrambled so that the mime for the body was above some tracking headers, and it make the html code appear in the body without the "unnamed" link -- I don't think it would be good for webmail to autocorrect that for us.

Archived