Our mailservers blocked

Rawkus

Hello Richard,

We have a problem... our mailservers have been listed on the blacklist of spamcop recently. (195.186.64.33 & 195.186.64.34). We didn't receive any reports in the last weeks by email, so we thought that no issues have been pending. I logged into the system today (abuse[at]hostcenter.com) and I found out that we didn't receive email reports of issues for the last 2 weeks...

There was an pending report of 29th March, but as we never have been informed about that, we didn't do anything. Is there a problem in your reporting system?

I've have closed all the reports now, but I'm sure that it could take a few days to unblacklist our mailservers. Could you please unblacklist them as soon as possible? I've to find out why we didn't get the mails because this should not happen again in future. Is there a way to see the complete mail which has caused the report through the webinterface? I haven't found a link.

Kind regards, christian (abuse[at]hostcenter.com)

If you want to contact Richard, use deputies <at> spamcop.net. He (or Ellen) can look at the email that caused the blocklist.

The most common reason that an ISP does not receive reports is that spam has gone to a spamtrap from a compromised machine or email from some automatic reply goes to the spamtrap.

The other reason is that some reporters (mole) do not send reports. I think you can sign up to get a summary report.

HTH

Miss Betsy

Hello Richard,

I'm not Richard but . . .

We have a problem... our mailservers have been listed on the blacklist of spamcop recently. (195.186.64.33 & 195.186.64.34). We didn't receive any reports in the last weeks by email, so we thought that no issues have been pending. I logged into the system today (abuse[at]hostcenter.com) and I found out that we didn't receive email reports of issues for the last 2 weeks...

One reason why you haven't received any recent reports is because the emails causing the listings appear to only be hitting spamtrap addresses.

Hopefully an admin or Deputy will take a look at the emails sent to the spamtraps to verify whether or not they are spam.

Archived