[Resolved] blank recipient address

hec1230

I have searched the forums and web for this topic and can't seem to find a answer. I hope someone can shed some light on this.

I just started using Spamcop and now I have started to receive spam with no "recipient address". My address is not in the "to" address box and it is just blank. Should I report these? Why am I getting these spams? Are spammers targeting me now for using spamcop? Should I just delete them instead?

Thanks in advance,

Hec

I just started using Spamcop and now I have started to receive spam with no "recipient address".
It would be helpful to post the tracking link for a sample, but lacking that I can point out that e-mail messages don't technically need to have an address in the To-field in order to be delivered (the recipient address is passed elsewhere, out-of-band as it were). You might also look at this page of the SpamCop wiki.

-- rick

It would be helpful to post the tracking link for a sample, but lacking that I can point out that e-mail messages don't technically need to have an address in the To-field in order to be delivered (the recipient address is passed elsewhere, out-of-band as it were). You might also look at this page of the SpamCop wiki.

rick,

Thanks for the reply and the links. Like I said I am new to this and I think I understand.

Case closed.

Archived