[Resolved] Disable quick data reports

william_

Raed and re-read a dozen or so times, still not sure of what's really being said/asked. If the "option has been enabled and is currently utilized" then the box being checked would be the 'correct' status. My definition of "enabled" meaning that there would be no quick (reporting) [status] reports generated/sent. This is the mode where some folks get themselves into trouble when something changes in their (ISP/Hosting) network configuration.

The concern I had was that upon changing an option on that page (not the quick mail options) and clicking save I would have inadvertantly disabled quick reporting. I do not want to disable quick reporting, if I did I would have to click hundreds of links in spamcop verification emails.

It seemed to me that my preferences were actualy being shown to me incorrectly.

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=showadvanced

Quick Data Reports

Enable quick data reports

Disable quick data reports <-- this is checked.

When you use "quick" spam submission, SpamCop sends an automatic "[spamCop] Quick reporting data" response. By choosing "Disable quick data reports", you can override this behavior.

I guess the 'report' in this context was unclear to me.

So it seems that the settings shown are correct. Thank for the clarification.

Isn't the English language fun!? The difference here is between reports and reporting.

As noted in several threads you must request quick reporting be enabled.

The option in question allows you to select whether or not you receive reports when you use your "quick" address when submitting spam to SpamCop. If you select to disable reports you will not receive "[spamCop] Quick reporting data" emails from SpamCop when you use quick reporting.

Quick Reporting Data Reports

Enable quick data reports being sent to you

Disable quick data reports being sent to you <-- this is checked.

When you use "quick" spam submission, SpamCop can send an automatic report concerning your quick submission, called a "[spamCop] Quick reporting data" response. By choosing "Disable quick data reports", you can override this behavior.

^ clarified?

I just confirmed that the switch works as described... with the Disable quick data reports checked, I get no reports. I do see that the OP thought this would disable quick reporting which is not what is saying (though could be interpreted that way). Good luck getting it changed.

Archived