[Resolved] UCY.AC.CY

mrmaxx

SpamCop report ID#http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z3754851251z223202d8f35dff76bbcb57f19e1a11efz

SpamCop is wanting to only report to the domain contacts. While that's all fine and dandy, should we not be checking abuse.net for specialized abuse contacts? SpamCop wants to report to christos[at]ucy.ac.cy agatho[at]ucy.ac.cy, while abuse.net adds abuse[at]pythagoras.mas.ucy.ac.cy.

Can we please start checking abuse.net as well for dedicated abuse contacts?

...It's unlikely us fellow users will be able to help you. You could wait to see if Don D'Minion answers or you could go to him and the SpamCop Deputies at deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net.

Heh...yeah. Good point. I posted in the spamcop.routing newsgroup, but it appears to be dead... anyone know if that group is still monitored???

...I posted in the spamcop.routing newsgroup, but it appears to be dead... anyone know if that group is still monitored???
No evidence unless a member of SC staff posts there - but possibly a good idea anyway, giving other users a chance to look at it and maybe contribute their insights/comments/suggestions. That's largely a different "population" over there.

Abuse.net adds abuse[at]pythagoras.mas.ucy.ac.cy.
SpamCop does check with Abuse.net but abuse[at]pythagoras.mas.ucy.ac.cy bounces our mail, so we don't use it.

Hence the abuse#pythagoras.mas.ucy.ac.cy[at]devnull.spamcop.net address you sent your "z_User_Notification" to.

Devnull.spamcop.net addresses go straight to the trash after the data is fed to our stats. Except for "z_User_Notification" type of personal reports, which do not feed our stats.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

SpamCop does check with Abuse.net but abuse[at]pythagoras.mas.ucy.ac.cy bounces our mail, so we don't use it.

Hence the abuse#pythagoras.mas.ucy.ac.cy[at]devnull.spamcop.net address you sent your "z_User_Notification" to.

Ahh... didn't realize they bounced. I didn't check the results after firing off hte report. Thanks.

Archived